31 yr old newbie

• So I'm new here. I am starting South Beach today. This isn't the first time I'm dieting but I have a new found enthusiasm for it. I am a 31 year old single mom and live in the New Orleans metro area. I have one daughter who is 10 and never had a weight problem before I had her. I was a stick skinny child and ate whatever I wanted. Anyway I've fluctuated in weight since I had her and I'm up to 194 now. My goal weight is 115 (I'm 5'1). Anyway I work in real estate, doing marketing and advertising for a big time agent. I do spend most of my time sitting behind a desk though. My main motivator in getting healthy/thin again is my health. I have had issues with anemia and alopecia in the past few months and the doctors advice (other than de-stressing) was to loose the weight. So here I am. I am determined to loose it this time.
  • Hi Nola!!
  • Welcome to the club!!!! I'm also hooked on SBD! Glad you're here.

• Welcome, you've come to the right place!!!
  • Welcome! Join us in the daily chats.
  • I am new myself. 32, married, 3 kids, and trying South Beach-type eating (again!). It was great for me the first time (40lbs), so I should have stuck with it. I dropped it during my last pregnancy (almost 4 years ago). Anyway, enjoy! I had a delicious crab/swiss omlette this morning and can't wait to see the scale be kind to me again!
    Jess