Craving Smells

• am i alone with this one....
    or do other people crave smells rather than the food itself....
    i mean if i crave chocolate i can normally smell it and thats enough to deter the craving....
    its the same with cheese and onion rolls....
    and chinese food....

just feels like now my journey is coming to an end....
    i feel like i have learnt so much and conquered enough skills to be able to maintain my weight....
  • I wish I could be that way, however, I am getting much better with cravings. I've learned to realize that the food I do crave is not going to help me achieve my goal weight. It is now much easier for me to be around other people eating junk food than in the past. Now I don't feel bad when I'm not eating what everyone else is eating. I just tell myself that I don't need it.

But I can also see what you mean by smelling the food is enough for you. At work my coworkers were eating cookies and soda and I was worried about caving in. But once I smelled it and saw them eat it the craving went away.
  • For some things, yes. I love to smell a chocolate or cinnamon good baking - smelling it is often enough for me. Savory things are a different matter, though.
  • sometimes it is enough, like when those little donut trailers come to uni and you can smell the donuts being deep fried the smell is enough for me, i can enjoy it without the calories
  • ah.... too bad that smell doesn't work for me.
    I love to taste good things.
    At least I'm happy for now that i can control my portions. Besides, it's just sad to have to limit myself too much on things i love (but then again, that's what keep me from weighing lighter lolz).
  • My cousin craved the smell of dryer sheets when she was pregnant. lol... we all thought she was losing it!
  • I crave the smell of baking bread more than the bread itself (though the bread is great too).
  • I wish that worked for me.. in my case.. smelling something makes the craving worse...
  • It's weird, I was just thinking the other day how much I could enjoy a really good smell (a coffee shop, good bread baking, etc). Not so much as a substitute for eating. Just that I could really just enjoy the smell as a thing in itself.
  • it really is crazy....
    a sniff of cheese and onion roll is enough to stop me craving one....
    a smell of chocolate is enough to stop me craving one....
    i guess its a good thing really!....