My Halfway Point - 35 down, 35 to go

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I won't type a full story until I am at goal, but I did want to share a before picture and a picture from today to sort of mark this halfway point in my weight loss. I have had my ups and downs (literally) but I haven't given up ever!

I have a ways to go but I think I look a lot different and healthier and I certainly feel that way! I am looking forward to losing the last 35 pounds, meeting goal and seeing where I am at that point. Until then, here's some pictures! PS don't mind the house mess and my lack of make-up. My goal shots will be with hair and makeup done. This is just a quick halfway shot!

Before: 220 pounds May 2007

After: 185 pounds November 2008

• You look great! Keep up the good work
  • Wow, what a big difference. You have such a fabulous feminine figure and great smile. Halfway! Woohoo!
  • You look great!

Julie, I made the effort to measure myself precisely. My waist is 30.25. My hips are 39". I went shopping today and am definitely a 10. I started looking at size charts on Lands End website and a couple of other places I like. Believe it or not, just one inch on hips can determine 8, 10 or 12. I cannot believe it.
  • WOW your thighs really did be gone!
  • Way to go!!! You look great (and I can tell by your smiling face that you FEEL great too!).

Did I tell you my DH's cousin lives in your town? Wouldn't it be funny if you knew her or her family?!?! (Her DH is in the service as well.)
  • I wish my thighs were gone--and the fat on the back of my knees too. I sometimes think I will never wear a knee length skirt again.
  • You look great Cakses.
  • wow, you look so much healthier already! congrats
  • Quote: I started looking at size charts on Lands End website and a couple of other places I like. Believe it or not, just one inch on hips can determine 8, 10 or 12. I cannot believe it.
    Those sizes start changing fast at 12-10-8!
  • Congrats on reaching the half-way point! I can't wait to read your goal story!
    Keep it up! You are looking GREAT!
  • wow that is such a huge change! incredible! keep it up!
  • Congratulations! You look fantastic! I can't wait to see your goal pictures.

Good job! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • You look great girl!!! Keep up the hard work
  • Wow, you look fabulous! Keep up the good work!!