**MOOD UPLIFTER ALERT** One positive thing about me today is...

You're on Page 3 of 40
Go to
  • I found a cute outfit with a skirt that I love. When I wrap the belt around my shirt at the smallest part of my waist, and throw on my knee-high black boots... I feel like I actually look pretty good.
  • My positive thing: I am going to do aquarobics today! This is a big thing for me, the large student sport thingies are all those "stand in an enormous hall and follow the instructor" kind of activities. I have done those a few times some years ago, but I was so embarassed because a) I couldn't really do it condition-wise (as opposed to everybody else) and b) I felt way too self-conscious in my sports clothes. But, thanks to you I have started the 30 day shred and now I feel I should be able to do something like that. But I am still a bit scared which is why I chose aquarobics (more like swimming, which I do already). I'll post on how it was tonight!
  • I am sore today from working out!
  • Awesome thread idea, guys!

My positive thing for today is that my house is a mess and I'm okay with it. On a typical day I would get all upset that things were so out of place, but today I've decided to take a chill pill and I'm proud of myself for that.
  • Today I haven't criticized myself once
  • Well last night I had an extreme craving, and ended up getting a "whammy". Which is basically like a blizzard from DQ but you get two different candies swirled in. HOWEVER, even though I had that slip up last night I'm feeling ok today. I've been noticing that my legs are looking much smaller lately.
  • There are actually a few positive things about me today

One is that i put on a shirt that hardly fit last winter because it was too tight in my stomach area, and it fit! Not only did it fit, but it laid flat and was a little baggy in the waist!

Two is that even though my life feels like it is falling apart around me, i am still working out and eating decently !
  • Elwing...it is a lot of fun...I do it at a local gym!!

Hmm my positive for today......So proud of my willpower..I served the children homemade mac n cheese for lunch and homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for snack ( I work in a preschool) I literally ate only ONE piece of macaroni..and a tiny piece of a cookie..and told myself that's ENOUGH! As well my boyfriend cooked one of the frozen pizzas for supper and I had a baked chicken breast..steamed stirfry veggies and half cup of rice with low sodium chicken broth. My bf even agreed to go for a walk with me tonight..yahoo! Great day!

(Your replies are so motivating! Let's keep this going!)
  • Yes, it was a lot of fun indeed! I'm definitely going to do it more often. (Also posted in the weekly thread about it.)

Guess I'll have to mention another positive thing now. Um.. I very consciously decided to buy myself a small chocolate muffin, bring it home and eat it there. No computers, no TV, all attention to the muffin. It was delicious and I could easily fit it into my daily calorie allotment. It's hard for me to determine the amount of treats to give myself so I tend to go for "as little as possible". But that isn't good either. So the muffin was a good thing!
  • I felt skinnier today! My clothes have been getting big lately so I spent the last night taking in various shirts and pants. Today I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and (gasp!) My boobs and butt stick out farther than my tummy! I can see changes now... and I am sooooo inspired!
  • ooh ooh! I already posted today but I have another one! I just put on this summer dress that I sometimes wear with jeans. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and my tummy wasn't sticking out as far, and my arms looked much smaller than last time I wore it
  • i am frickin gorgeous lol!!!!!!!
  • Let's see... despite the fact that my fiance and I split up and he took my car, I am still keeping up with two jobs and full time school... and weight loss! I won't give up
  • YEA preppingbride, I'm so glad that you took my suggestion and made this thread! I sooo love the idea of it... I'll definitely post on this one every day!

One positive thing about me today is that I am really good at Sudoku puzzles! Hehe, just thought I should start out with the *really* important things.
  • those medium shirts I was talking about yesterday, are pretty darn flattering to my newfound curves!