Ricotta cheese recipes

• Hey does anyone have any yummy ricotta cheese recipes?? I just bought a low fat tub, but im not really sure what i can use it with? maybe sweet recipes?

Thanks!!
  • I eat ricotta cheese nearly everyday. I've even used the fat free stuff in lasagna (using almost the same recipe that comes on the back of the Ronzoni Healthy Harvest lasagna noodles).

As far as sweet goes, I like to mix 1/2 cup of ricotta (which on most cartons is 2 servings) with 2 tbsp of cocoa powder, 1/2 oz of torani or da vinci sugar free syrup (flavors that go well with chocolate, like kahlua, amaretto, etc.), and usually I add 1/3 of a serving of peanut or almond butter to it.
  • From George Stella's website:

New York Ricotta Cheesecake

Prep Time: 30 minutes
    Inactive Prep Time: 8 hours
    Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
    Yield: 12 servings

24 ounces cream cheese, softened
    1 cup extra-fine whole milk ricotta cheese (to refine, process in a food processor for 1 minute)
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1 1/2 cups sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
    1/3 cup heavy cream
    1 tablespoon no sugar added vanilla extract
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    2 eggs
    3 egg yolks

Special Equipment: 1 (8-inch) springform cake pan

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Spray the springform pan with nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray. Set aside. In a shallow roasting pan big enough to fit the cake pan, pour about 1-inch of water and place it on the center rack of the oven to preheat.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat softened cream cheese, ricotta, sour cream and sugar substitute on low speed for about 1 minute until well blended.

In a separate bowl, using a wire whisk, mix heavy cream, vanilla, lemon juice, eggs, and egg yolks until blended.

Turn the mixer on medium speed, and slowly pour the egg mixture into the cream cheese mixture. Beat just until blended and then turn off; be careful not to over-whip.

Pour batter into the greased springform pan. Place pan into the heated water bath. Bake for 15 minutes, and then lower the oven temperature to 275 degrees F. Continue baking for 1 1/2 hours, or until top is light golden brown and cake is pulling away from the sides of the pan. Turn the oven off when finished cooking and leave the cake in the oven to cool for 3 more hours. (This will keep the cake nice and tall.) Then remove cake and refrigerate before serving. Serve chilled.

Nutrition Information per serving
    Calories 299
    Fat 28 grams
    Saturated Fat 18 grams
    Carbohydrates 7 grams
    Fiber 0 grams
    Net Carbohydrates 7 grams
  • 1/2 c. ricotta
    vanilla extract (to taste)
    lemon juice (to taste)
    splenda or sugar (to taste)

makes a sort of lemon creme, which is really good!
  • BEST LIGHT CREPES EVER:

* 1 cup all-purpose flour
    * 1/2 teaspoon salt
    * 1 teaspoon baking powder
    * 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
    * 4 egg whites, at room temperature
    * 1 cup skim milk
    * 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional) or butter flavoring (optional)
    FILLING:
    * 1 (15 ounce) tub light ricotta cheese
    * 1/2 c. sugar

Directions

1. Sift all dry ingredients together and make a well in the center.
    2. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites; add the remaining liquid ingredients.
    3. Pour the beaten liquids into the flour mixture.
    4. Don't overmix; ignore small lumps.
    5. Refrigerate batter for 30 minutes.
    6. Wipe a hot 6 inch non-stick pan lightly with oil.
    7. Spoon batter into the pan and let it spread until thin (tip pan if necessary).
    8. When browned on bottom, flip over to brown the other side.
    9. Mix cheese and sugar; fill each crepe with 1/4 c. filling and roll like a burrito.
    10. Serve topped with jam, fruit syrup, pie filling, or whipped cream.