Any Muslims here??

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • Assalamu alaikum,
    I'm trying not to eat after 7 PM...and I usually manage, although I was a little naughty today...oh well. InshaAllah tomorrow will be back to usual. I'm afraid to look at the scale. I did a little extra exercise today, so inshaAllah it won't have such a big impact...
    What do you all do to make yourself feel better about yourself? I have this feeling that I concentrate so much on the fact that I don't look like me anymore (I don't fit into my old clothes, my c-section scars are pretty pronounced, the stretch marks, etc.) that I have a hard time feeling good about the way I look...
    Don't get me wrong, the babies are definately worth it, but I still want to fit into my old clothes again...at least!
    Fi aman Allah!
  • I am not a muslim, but hope you can find a muslim sister here. Good luck!
  • Hello
    As salaamu 'alaikum everyone!

Wow! I didn't realize that this forum existed "alhamdulillah". I am currently following the LA Weightloss Plan. I have had lots of success in the past following the plan and inshallah I will be able to lose all the weight I need to.

We'll chat soon
  • As-Salaamù 3lykùm
    welcome to the thread kennedy5672 and xohmimix3 May Allah gùide yoù to a healthier place in life.

ktgk!! where have yoù been woman!!?? i miss chatting with yoù!!
  • Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh!

You KNOW where I am, hehehe.

Welcome to the new members!

I'm actually doing pretty well right now. I've been on a plateau since the 14th, but since I seem to be fitting into some of my old clothes better, I have an inkling that I've lost a little in my measurements. Allahu Alim.

I've been exercising very regularly and my eating habits aren't too bad at the moment, mashaAllah. My favorite foods have become tofu, canned tomatoes, lentils, split peas, spinach, flax seed, and berries (any kind!) and I'm eating whole grains, just less pasta, mashaAllah. I used to eat pasta a couple times a week and now it's probably only two or three times a month, alhamdulillah.

Fi aman Allah!
  • ooooh soùnds like yoùre doing better, alhamdùllah! im doing ok i gùess.. i know id be alot better if i coùld jùst find some good veggies here!! agh! i'll be back in the states in 48 days, so I gùess if i can jùst hold on and be more disciplined, i can lose a bit more before really going at it.
    I foùnd oùt on the 16th that i was pregnant! bùt then I miscarried on the 22nd. I find peace that I know it wasnt a good time to bring a child into the world, and that it was a little nùdge that got me oùt of my plateaù.
    so im back in the game!
  • assalamu alaikum,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

InshaAllah when it's the right time, things will go as smoothly as anyone could wish and you'll have a beautiful little one.

Are you just going to be visiting the states or are you moving back?

Fi aman Allah!
  • I have foùnd that may every day things we ùse contain ingredients made from pork fat. things like potato chips, toothpaste, shaving cream, chewing gùm, chocolate, cereal and many others. the ingredients are written in an E-code. bùt not all E-coded ingredients are made from pork. I have gotten the list of haram ingredients for yoù to pass oùt to anyone else yoù know. InshaAllah it will help yoù to avoid the bad foods.

Ingredients that are made from pork fat.
    E100, E110, E120, E140, E141, E153, E210, E213, E214, E216, E234, E252,E270, E280, E325, E326, E327, E334, E335, E336, E337, E422, E430, E431, E432, E433, E434, E435, E436, E440, E470, E471, E472, E473, E474, E475,E476, E477, E478, E481, E482, E483, E491, E492, E493, E494, E495, E542,E570, E572, E631, E635, E904
  • oh, im moving back! bùt im gonna miss this place. life here is so simple.
    my hùsband and i signed ùp for oùr first 5K for in aùgùst so we'll be training all sùmmer

heres an ùpdate of the weight loss.. yoù can really see it falling now!
  • Hello Ladies
    I wanted to know what plan if any are you guys following. I am following the LA Weightloss Plan. I am a little nervous how I am going to modify it for Ramadan. This will be my first Ramadan as I am a new convert to Islam. I am not sure if I should not do Ramadan and declare it health issue. Because at 5 foot 1 and 200 pounds in not at all healthy for my body and heart. What do you ladies think? I remember seeing the question come up in the threads about LA Weightloss Diet Plan and Ramadan but no one seemed to answer the question.

Mereym: I am from New Jersey too. Northern New Jersey
  • As-Salaamù Alaikùm Kennedy5672!

SùbhanAllah! Welcome to Islam. InshaAllah things arent too difficùlt for yoù.

As for Ramadan, I woùld deffinetely do the fast. Yoù get so mùch reward from it, and it really helps yoù to be closer to Allah (inshaAllah) that Im sùre yoù'll find a way, if its what yoù really want.
    My first Ramadan (Last year) I was 320 lbs, in a new coùntry that was averaging aboùt 110 each day, and REALLY not healthy. Alhamdùlillah it really helped me, and I ended ùp losing the 18 lbs that got me oùt of my wheelchair (yes! I was in a wheel chair!!) and exercising to lose this weight for good Ramadan is a trùely liberating experience.

I woùld sùggest to be sùre to eat sùhoor (meal before Fajr) and be sùre its got carbs, protein and fiber to keep yoù going for the day..
    Then when its time to break fast, do eat an odd nùmber of dates and a glass of milk. The dates are natùrally sùgary, so they bring yoùr blood sùgar ùp to a good level. Im not sùre what the milk is sùpposed to do, bùt for me, it keeps me from throwing ùp, becaùse the dates are too sweet for me.
    After that, make Maghrib prayer, and eat something light for now.. A wholesome soùp perhaps. Nothing too heavy at first.. I learned this the hard way.. If yoù dig into the main coùrse too soon after breaking fast, yoù'll only get sick. SO, eat some soùp (broth based, not cream.. its too heavy) something like chicken soùp with veggies.. then maybe an hoùr or so later, carry on with yoùr diet..
    I dont know mùch aboùt the LA plan.. Bùt I assùme it has breakfast lùnch dinner and snack.. Make the sùhoor breakfast... tùrn yoùr Iftar (breaking of the fast) into yoùr lùnch.. A meal later on as dinner.. and then if yoù need, a light snack later in the night.

Sorry, its rather long, bùt I dont want yoùr first Ramadan to be like mine was..
  • Jùst a qùick ùpdate:
    Im 6w3d pregnant!! we're so happy and doing all we can to insùre this litttle one makes it.
    I retùrn to the ùsa on satùrday, and dh shoùld get his visa this week or next.
  • Mabrook Awlass!!!!!

May Allah ta'ala grant you a safe healthy pregnancy, an easy birth, and a beautiful healthy baby! Ameen!

Fi aman Allah!
  • As-Salaamù Alaikùm Wa Rahmatùllahi Wa Barakatù!
    Ramadanak Mabrook!!

Sisters, Its been a long time since we spoke.
    I jùst wanted to leave an ùpdate with yoù aboùt my pregnancy.
    I am 19 weeks pregnant with TWINS!! A healthy boy and girl They are active and with strong hearts.
    Allah has trùely blessed ùs

I pray that yoù are all doing well and are in good health

Here is a link to my pregnancy blog if yoù wish to read ùp on all the excitement http://tastytreatsforme.blogspot.com/

Fi aman Allah!!
  • Assalamu Alaikom

I just joined on this site. Honestly this is my first posting on any site ever!

I just wanted to say hello,and i hope that you are still an active member.