cheese crackers

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • SO, if you are craving something crunchy here you go!
    If this has been posted before sorry- I just saw the garlic bread one under here and it is similar but this is a bit more simple
    Take a ppiece of parchment paper and take 1 string cheese and cut into 8-10 slices. space about and inch apart on parchment paper and microwave for 1-2 minutes till they brown and stop sizzling quite as much. let cool and munch away!

I found that it seems that 1 cheese stick is more filling this way and its great if you are craving a crunch!
  • Thanks for this idea! I was SOOOO craving something crunchy today and this was so easy and hit the spot! This is going to be a regular for me (and it really does make one cheese stick last longer and seem like more!)

Linda
  • Thanks so much for posting this, so simple but so satisfying!! - a great snack for those on phase 1 - I've just started the SB for the 3rd time and i am so greatful for these shared ideas, it makes it more interesting!

I eat cheese strings for snacks, but would much rather eat them this way after just trying them!
  • omg this is the BEST recipe EVER! I'm such a cracker person and this satisfies the salty snack lover in me
  • These are amazing! Way better than I expected them to be even after reading the good reviews. I made them last night when I was watching a movie and dying for popcorn. Thanks for sharing!
  • A....MAZ....ING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The crunch factor is hard to find in this diet and these were perfect! I sprinkled a tiny bit of creole seasoning on them before putting them in the microwave and they were awesome Thanks so much!
  • these sound amazing and I cant wait to try them!!!
  • tried it, love the crunch, i sprinkled them with garlic powder, would be great with a salad too.
    thanks
  • I made these, and they are great! I cooked them too much, but now I know for next time! I love the idea of putting some seasoning onto them!
  • Unbelievable. I was literally searching for the how-to on these about 15 minutes ago. Yay!!!! Definitely having some of these with my wine tonight!
  • Quote: Unbelievable. I was literally searching for the how-to on these about 15 minutes ago. Yay!!!! Definitely having some of these with my wine tonight!
    That sounds like a GREAT pairing!! Too bad I am under the legal drinking age for a few more months! We'll see if my Dad will give me some haha. Also, I'm still on phase one...so bummer.

I was thinking how handy these "crackers" will be during the school day. I don't have time to eat a real lunch, and I could make these quickly in the morning and pack them with me, along with my celery and baby bel cheese.
  • These sound fantastic. Has anyone made them in a traditional oven? I live in the dark ages, without a microwave OR a dishwasher. The horror!
  • JI have just completed phase 1 of Atkins. Can you tell me what the advantages of SB over Atkins ?
  • These are great! Really hit the spot for crunch..Thanks
  • Um, mine just keep running together into one big puddle of melted cheesy goodness.

Which I am okay with, believe me, just a little inconvenient to eat.

Thoughts?