Body Image Issues

• Maybe I'm stupid to be complaining about this. I do logically realize that I have lost a substantial amount of weight. I do realize that I am only two dress sizes away from meeting my goal. But I can't get past thinking of myself as morbidly obese. My opinion of myself and my weight has not changed one iota since I was busting out of a size 26. I got into a 16 recently. I know this is a substantial weight loss. But I still hate my body, and I don't want to. Has anyone else gone through this body image thing? What does one do to get past it?
  • This is a really good question.... I have no input on it tho I'm really curious to hear what everyone else has to say..
  • I actually had moer issues with my body after I lost the weight. When I was 300+ lbs and a size 28 I never had hope to look like those skinny women in magazines. When I got down to an 8/10 I couldn't stand to look at myself because I thought I looked horrible (naked, and really I wanted to look good naked.) Here I had lost 160 lbs which is amazing and I was so disappointed and unhappy. Most of it was due to loose skin, but still I was unhappy. And then I started to gain weight back because I was unhappy.
    Now I'm back in a size 18 and I'm still unhappy. WTF??? I am trying to get back to a size 10/12-I was feeling really healthy at that size so I will focus on that. I don't know how to successfully manage the body image thing, but maybe togther we can all learn how to do it...
  • I think I am going to post this in another forum as well. I don't think we are alone in these issues, and the more input, the better. It's also in the Weight Loss Support forum.