Maybe I need a PUSH

• HI ALL! - it's me... Beach Patrol.... no, I haven't ordered it yet.

I NEED A PUSH! LOL! - I've been to the website nearly every day this week, & I read & I think "I should order it!" .... but then I freeze up... and DON'T order it. I think I'm afraid the taste of the foods will be a huge yuck-o for me, & then I'll feel that I've wasted my money. I HATE WASTING MONEY.

I DO want to try it, but what if I really DON'T like the food(s)? I'm pretty sure they don't have any kind of "money-back guarantee" (at least, I have read & read & read on the website, & never seen one) - but if I decide I just don't want to do it anymore, is it going to be like moving heaven & earth to get out of the plan or whatever?

How are the foods.... honestly! cardboardy texture? I can't imagine "eggs in a box"...

Help push me, y'all.
  • Nike says, Just do it!
    Hey BeachPatrol- I posted to you over in the chat thread. I wanted to add that you do get the "normal" dinner of the lean and green. I've been living on alot of soy products for breakfast and snacks already, and I don't really need or love breakfast... I think the work week will be no problem. I'm thinking of it as sustaining myself through the day with the MF meals, and then taking the time to cook and enjoy a decent, healthy dinner. The weekends are what are going to be the challenge! I love dining out and a good bottle of wine. I'll probably start it on Nov. 3rd, bc. of being out of town next weekend and not getting the order till ?? early next week at best.
  • Beach Patrol, Medifast WILL refund your money. Here is how it works. Your order the meals. YOU try a shake, hate it, set it aside having only used ONE from the box and they will refund the full price of the box of 7, even though you used 1. After a week of trying the different foods you will know. Now it is powdered food and it's diet food, so if you are really picky, MF IS NOT FOR YOU! I like most of the food, but also kept a can do attitude. Best of Luck with your decision! Dan-O
  • Quote: Beach Patrol, Medifast WILL refund your money. Here is how it works. Your order the meals. YOU try a shake, hate it, set it aside having only used ONE from the box and they will refund the full price of the box of 7, even though you used 1. After a week of trying the different foods you will know. Now it is powdered food and it's diet food, so if you are really picky, MF IS NOT FOR YOU! I like most of the food, but also kept a can do attitude. Best of Luck with your decision! Dan-O
    Thank you Dan! I've been reading your posts, & since you love MediFast, I've been expecting to hear from you!

I've done other types of diets before - I did SlimFast (which I LOVE their chocolate shakes!) but didn't care for any of their food! - except their shakes I mean! - and I tried Metabolic Research Center - which I lost 30 pounds on that diet, & kept it off for 8 months, but then one day, I had bread... & it was downhill (uphill?) from there.

I've lost weight in the past by being sensible with my diet & exercising, but THIS TIME seems to be different. I'm in perimenopause, & just can't seem to make this weight BUDGE a single ounce! - So part of me is just AFRAID that MF won't work for me & I'll be sooooo disappointed, & having spent all that money... so hearing that I CAN return it for refund is a PLUS for me....

I think I will order it! Thanks for the PUSH!
  • Beach Patrol...you are singing my song with the hormone issue! I always weighed 137 lbs...until...7 years ago, I had a hysterectomy....Since then...nothing has worked...or it was working to slow to notice so I gave up! Medifast works! I am actually loosing an average of 2.5 lbs per week even though I am on my 4th month. So go for it! And post in our chat thread...You will get alot of support here.

As far as the taste...If you liked the Slimfast shakes...You will LOVE the Medifast shakes. But none of the food is fantastic...It's ok...but do you want fantastic food that you want to binge on...or something that keeps you full and controls cravings...

Good luck to you!

DJ
  • Quote: Beach Patrol...you are singing my song with the horemone issue! I always weighed 137 lbs...until...7 years ago, I had a hysterectomy....Since then...nothing has worked...or it was working to slow to notice so I gave up! Medifast works! I am actually loosing an average of 2.5 lbs per week even though I am on my 4th month. So go for it! And post in our chat thread...You will get alot of support here.

As far as the taste...If you liked the Slimfast shakes...You will LOVE the Medifast shakes. But none of the food is fantastic...It's ok...but do you want fantastic food that you want to binge on...or something that keeps you full and controls cravings...

Good luck to you!

DJ

Thanks for the "push" DJ!!! I'm getting closer & closer to clicking that "order" button...
  • ....AND..... (drum roll please!)

I just clicked the ORDER button!!!

Somebody do the banana dance with me!!!!

• (The carrot and the broccoli wanted in on it too!)
  • Woo Hoo BP! Way to take Control of your own destiny! YOU are so worth the daily work and effort Medifast Takes! In no time you will begin to develope new eating habits and healthy behaviors and it will become second nature! YOU Can Do it! Woo Hoo for BP Today!

Dan-O
  • You know what's TRULY scary? I'm scared that I'll lose the weight *AGAIN* and regain it, plus MORE.... *AGAIN*. That's my scary thought.

It's weird, because I KNOW how to eat *healthy*. I am good about exercise. So why do I keep going back to bad eating habits after I lose the weight & I'm feeling so good & happy, etc? I think that's the major clue to my keeping it off for good. If I can just figure out WHY I go back to bad habits... eating cheetos instead of cut-up peppers or fruit.... 2nd helpings when I'm damn well satisfied with the first.... etc.

Sometimes I wonder if I have a "fat wish"... for some reason, even tho I HATE being fat, I find it... comforting... somehow? If that's true, it's embedded deep deep deep into my brainpan! Cause honestly... I don't understand why I keep returning to the bad habits once I've gotten the weight off.

BUT HERE'S HOPING I WON'T DO THAT.... THIS TIME!
  • I know you have ordered, but I thought I'd mention this in case someone else is reading this with the same question...

On the order page there is an option for ordering sample packets of most (if not all) the items.

I was very lucky to have a Health Coach who was happy to send me a few items to try. (I had asked him if there was a way to get samples before I saw the order sample option)
    Personally, I didn't like the shake too much. I could force it down, but with other choices, I figure it would be silly to feel like I had to force anything down. That was enough for me to know I needed to customize my order (and not get the "variety kit")

We ordered yesterday and we'll start right after my birthday (12/2)