Gum Chewers "Help"

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • What's your favorite gum and why?

I've been chewing Wrigley's Doublemint gum most of my life. I've tried others here and there, but Wrigley's was my favorite. The company changed their gum line(New and Improved) and I don't like it.

I'm just looking for ideas before I start searching on my own.

Thanx.
  • Don't you hate it when a company changes something that you've loved for years?
    Why do thing have to change?????????????

I chew Wrigley's Extra, the wintermint version.
    I think it keeps it's flavor for a really long time.

Good luck on your quest
  • Excel Speramint, or Dentyne Mint Melody
    but Excel is my favourite.
  • I chew Orbit every once in awhile but the flavor dies fast. I don't like to chew gum often so it works out well for me.
  • I would try looking on ebay, or even retro candy to see if they have the original Doublemint gum. Its worth a try.
  • Orbit in the flavor Sweet Mint is my favorite. It tastes like the Andes mints that my grandma passes around the table after holiday dinners.
  • I like Extra gum. The fruit sensations line is my favorite....
  • I like Cobalt -- the blue package. Very minty!
  • I buy trident in bulk from costco.
  • Thank you all so much, DDC, I don't know why they would change such a great product. The flavor lasted so long. Thanks for your input.

Luvja, Stephi, Victoria, Besita, Surgood, ToutDeSuite and Kittycat, thanks.
  • I think we still get it here in australia - but only in some shops, it's imported from asia. Maybe you can buy it online?
  • If you like long-lasting, the "5" gum is the best I've found... I've had the peppermint one (Cobalt) and the fruit one (Lush) but the spearmint (Rain) is my current gum of choice. I can chew it for about an hour before it gets too flavorless for me.. and I'm picky.

However, it is VERY strong at first, so some people (like my husband) find it overwhelming. It's not overly minty/tingly, just really flavorful.
  • I'm partial to 5 gum. The flavor lasts a long, long time.
  • I only buy Stride. I quit smoking about a year and a half ago and I've chewed it constantly since then. It lasts longer than any I've ever tried and the flavors are great!
  • ECLIPSE GUM is the only gum I can chew all day...all of the flavors work for me.