Love Handles!

• Does any one know any good exercises to get rid of them?
  • You can't really lose your love handles without losing the rest of the weight! You can strengthen your core by doing pilates or yoga.

Not to discourage you--but I have a friend who is naturally thin--probably weighs about 115 at about 5'5"... and SHE has love handles. Though, if she wears the right pants, she won't "muffin top"
  • Yeah, you can't spot reduce the fat. The only way is to reduce your overall fat %. 3 'c' s - Cardio and calorie counting!
  • As others have said, you can't spot reduce fat. So any extra fat you have in that area just has to be burned off along with any other fat through the normal means (exercise and healthy eating).

If you do want to build the muscles there I do side extensions with a 5 lb dumbbell in my hanging hand.

I couldn't find a video or picture, but I use the same equipment as in this video, but I will rest on the side of my hip, with bottom leg forward on the foot pad and top leg back on the foot pad, and extend down with the weight and lift back up.

I hope this makes sense!

http://www.expertvillage.com/video/8...extensions.htm