NuWave Oven

• Has anyone tried this or seen it on tv? I think it looks really nice, like the George Foreman only better. And since I'm not one for using a conventional oven (fear of getting burnt) this looks really nice. Anyone think it really cuts out as much fat/oil as it says it does?

https://www.nuwaveoven.com/spark/index.php
  • Kitchen Gadget Queen Here~
    I have had mine for over two years and really, really like it. Mine is not the digital one, it is rather large, and does great chicken. I use it for my GK's fast foods, cookies, single layer cakes and such. It makes great frozen pizza. But, that is what I got the Pizza Pizzazz for! Well, that is another story. It cleans easy, but is cumbersome. Fat drains to the bottom. I have never done frozen foods in it. I do roasts sometimes and then add in the baked potatoes. The cooking surface isn't as large as it seems. I would buy it again, but if I had my choice between it and a jet-stream oven, I would pick the jet-steam oven.
  • I just got one off ebay & haven't used it yet. I'll keep you posted after we use it this weekend!
  • Okay, so later than I promised, but finally. I've been using the Nuwave for a little over a week.

Sunday Steaks (ribeye) very juicy done to prefection, although there's no sear like you get from a hot pan/grill, it's more like broiling a steak. I could see all the fat that dripped away, though!
    Monday-baked apples OMG these were good (although I admit they were great apples to begin with) I didn't add any fat, just some Watkin's apple bake seasoning. Wonderful!

Baked pears (see apples except omit the seasoning) great!

Chiken thighs (from frozen) Make sure each thigh/leg/breast is separate from eachother-the large chunk took longer to cook because of size and less airflow. Eventually was done & juicy, cripsy skin for those who can't live without it (I don't eat mine) and it baked the BBQ sauce on well.

Pork scallopini (very thin breaded pork) very good, though I have to remember to spray the rack with non-stick spray first-the breading did become a victim of stickiness a bit.

I'll be doing Cod soon for fish tacos. I anticipate as good of results as I've been having.
  • I have a broken oven right now and can't afford to fix, so my mom lent me her Nu Wave. I'm going to try it soon. I will post my results, too.