Evening eating?

• Hi guys, just wanting some advice! Im aiming to eat 1200-1300 cals a day. Sometime though , if i've been really good, i dont reach that amount after my evening meal. Is it ok to have a small 100-200 cal snack in the evening? i mean, what time should i stop eating? i've heard it's not very good to eat very late...
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
    Cat
    x
  • i think you should be ok if you eat a smal snack.
    and I read you shouldn't eat and hour and a half before you go to bed.
  • Lots of us have done just fine eating dinner late, or having snacks after. Your overall diet and exercise will have a far greater impact than when you stop eating at night. Just be sure that what and when you eat allow you to sleep well.
  • I couldn't have lost what I have so far without eating at night. The only real problem with evening eating is that most people don't plan for it. So anything they eat at night is extra food. I usually take a piece of fruit and a protein shake before bed (sometimes within 15 mins of laying down, although usually earlier).
  • I agree with Anne, eating at night should be fine if you have extra calorie room left over, the thing is though that a lot of people start off with a snack, and then just have one more, and just one more, and before you know it you've had another 500 calories (not speaking from personal experience or anything ) If you can control it, you should be fine
  • Eating after supper is fine, just don't go overboard. My evening snack is usually a piece of fruit, and I usually stop eating a few hours before I go to sleep.
  • i try to not evening snack....
    i brush my teeth after my evening meal,,,,