Any other short girls out there? (5'2 or under)

You're on Page 9 of 34
Go to
  • I could tell a difference with 10lbs and now I really do see a difference. No one else but my husband and my mom can tell but I'm losing soooo slow, I wouldn't expect anyone to notice.
  • The only place that I can tell a difference is in my face. My chins arent quite as big!!
  • Thanks mermaid20 I am very proud that I was able to get 50 off, and I am determined to continue on. I realized too, that when I wear my newer clothes, I feel fatter, if this makes sense. They fit well, not snug, but since they don't hang on me, I feel humungous. So I still wear some of my old clothes, the baggier sweaters and shirts, and that of course, is when most people can see the weight difference. And I feel much smaller too.
  • I've been MIA lately - depressed over lack of progress But thought i'd check in and say hi, and remotivate myself Hope you all had a fabulous weekend! Here's to healthy and fit choices this week!
  • I eat between 1300 and 1400 calories a day. After the initial huge losses, things do really slow down after a while, but I'm steadily continuing to lose almost a pound a week. Today I went shopping for clothes and was pleased to see I've gone down to the single-digit sizes for jeans. FINALLY! I haven't been there since junior high.

The thing that sucks about being short, as was mentioned before, is the fact that your body is very unforgiving when it comes to weight gain. It becomes extremely obvious after only a few pounds.

I always thought I'd look much better than I do at this weight, but reality checks are still good in my book. I can only imagine what I looked like 31 pounds ago. I'm hoping to end up with a number of 50 or more pounds lost, but for now I'll keep truckin' to 130 and move on from there.

Being under 5'2 definitely gives us the short end of the stick when it comes to calories and such, but imagine how cute we'll be when we're the tiny petite ones getting all the attention.

~Laura~
  • How is everyone doing with fall/winter weather and the holiday season? I am so nervous to gain back what I already lost due to the holidays. I wont give up thanksgiving but i can try and give up christmas cookies and all that... try is the key word LOL. I just feel so animalistic when winter hits because I feel like overeating to stay warm like I am about to go into hibernation or something...

I hope the holidays don't hurt me because I really, really want to be 100-105 before I get pregnant, that's for sure. With a 30 pound average weight gain for people our height/size, I don't want to see 138 pounds again... even pregnant. So yeah... I CAN DO THIS. I WILL be a size 4 for my wedding. I will try to lower my waist size.

Oh the silly pep talks we have with ourselves to keep us going...
  • Quote: How is everyone doing with fall/winter weather and the holiday season? I am so nervous to gain back what I already lost due to the holidays. I wont give up thanksgiving but i can try and give up christmas cookies and all that... try is the key word LOL. I just feel so animalistic when winter hits because I feel like overeating to stay warm like I am about to go into hibernation or something...

I hope the holidays don't hurt me because I really, really want to be 100-105 before I get pregnant, that's for sure. With a 30 pound average weight gain for people our height/size, I don't want to see 138 pounds again... even pregnant. So yeah... I CAN DO THIS. I WILL be a size 4 for my wedding. I will try to lower my waist size.

Oh the silly pep talks we have with ourselves to keep us going...
    You can totally be a size 4 for your wedding! I did it and I am a lazy a$$. That was before kids, too. I hope to be a size four again next year so I can go shopping.

I am back home visiting my folks and I don't think I will be seeing a weight loss this month but that's ok. I'm still exercising everyday so that should keep the damage down to a minimum. I went to the dentist and he noticed that I lost weight!! (I haven't seen him in over a year) Of course I played it off all cool, like, "oh? I *think* I've lost weight. I'm just walking everyday." LOL In reality I worked my butt off to lose just 2 pounds last month.
  • Quote: Of course I played it off all cool, like, "oh? I *think* I've lost weight. I'm just walking everyday." LOL In reality I worked my butt off to lose just 2 pounds last month.
    Lol! Yes I did the same when I'd lost 15 lbs last year!
  • With me i only noticed my body changing when i was losing weight slowly.
  • Hi, everyone. Just thought I would check in and see how everyone is doing. So, how are you?

Laura, Congrats on the single digit jeans. I can't imagine being able to wear a single digit size. Woohoo!

I am doing well. I have lost a total of 133.5 lbs now. I still have 22 lbs to lose to get to my initial goal weight and then probably another 25 lbs to get to where I want to be. We can all do it!
  • Hi, fellow shorties! I have never had a waist-line even when I weighed 100lbs. my waist was 27 - 28". This means that if pants fit me in the waist, the crotch is about at my knees. Whine, whine.

Keep up the good work. Shortly, we will all be fit and slim!
  • Hey all, been a crazy month, so I probably will only be around on and off through the end of the year.
    Anyway, I was sick last week and am still getting over a cold, so I haven't worked out lately. Need to get back into the fitness center this week. At least some time on the bike/treadmill to get myself back going. Not going to push it just yet, but gradual because I do kind of miss exercising believe it or not.
  • So I have been doing a personal challenge - working out 6 days a week - so far so good - except when i went into my weigh in, i'd gained weight!!!! what the heck!?

6 miles of running, 2 hours of step cardio and 30 minutes of elliptical -- all in 6 days.

And I gain weight.

Seriously?!
  • Hi Everyone!

Aino -- that weight gain might be water retention from your muscles trying to repair themselves from your intense workout this week. No worries. Keep doing what you do and the scale will reflect it eventually. The scale is a fickle fickle thing anyway!

Laura -- Congratulations on your single digit pants size!!! I don't know the last time I ever wore a single digit size! It's a big accomplishment!

Two things I'm proud of so far this week:

1. I went to a meeting yesterday, where they unexpectedly served pizza for dinner, and I did not eat a single slice! Will power in full effect! I came home and ate my taco salad that was on plan and ready to go for the evening. It was great!

2. I broke down and joined the local gym today. I plan to con my parents into paying for personal training sessions. It's my goal for this Thanksgiving break. LOL. I'm excited about it. Let's hope it motivates me to get into the gym!
  • Zeta is right, the scales are funny things. When I have a really really good week it does not reflect on the scale immediately. It's a week or two later that the numbers drop.