Any other short girls out there? (5'2 or under)

You're on Page 7 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Hi guys,
    Just checking in with my goals, I did 20 min cardio, 30 min firming today

1 down, 3 to go
    way to go!< newshinyme!

I'm checking in as well: one day soda-free! 4 more to go!
  • Quote: way to go!< newshinyme!

I'm checking in as well: one day soda-free! 4 more to go!
    Hi Aino, are you in Northern or Southern California? I live in San Mateo. Yay for no soda!

I walked out of Barnes and Nobles today without a cookie. I am so depressed today and I wanted it really bad but I didn't get it. I need a freaking medal of honor or something, seriously. What should I eat now that I am at home?
  • Congrats on resisting that cookie kamesennin- i WISH i had your self control. I was tempted to eat gummi bears so I ate an entire serving! I couldn't stop even after i felt sick of them. You've made great progress on your weight loss. How have you been doing it? Care to share some tips/advice/information with the rest of us?

Goal check in for me... 2 days of 25 minutes of exercise. One more day to go!
  • Quote: Hi Aino, are you in Northern or Southern California? I live in San Mateo. Yay for no soda!

I walked out of Barnes and Nobles today without a cookie. I am so depressed today and I wanted it really bad but I didn't get it. I need a freaking medal of honor or something, seriously. What should I eat now that I am at home?
    OOo kamesennin: I live in Santa Clara Howdy, "neighbour" !

And here's an awesome " happy confetti your way for resisting that cookie! It's the little things that'll add up, yes!?
  • Quote: Congrats on resisting that cookie kamesennin- i WISH i had your self control. I was tempted to eat gummi bears so I ate an entire serving! I couldn't stop even after i felt sick of them. You've made great progress on your weight loss. How have you been doing it? Care to share some tips/advice/information with the rest of us?

Awesome job girl!

I have to confess I had half a glass of coke today! Went out for lunch with coworkers, and totally forgot about my no soda rule - ordered by usual coke, drank about half of it, before i remmebered!

At least it was ne of those watered down, iced fountain drinks!
  • Quote: Congrats on resisting that cookie kamesennin- i WISH i had your self control. I was tempted to eat gummi bears so I ate an entire serving! I couldn't stop even after i felt sick of them. You've made great progress on your weight loss. How have you been doing it? Care to share some tips/advice/information with the rest of us?

Thanks! Isn't it awful when you feel sick but still keep eating? I hate it when that happens. It's like, "why am I doing this?" and then you still keep eating them.

Well after I got home I ate something else instead of the cookie. So that was good. But then later I crapped out on dinner and I went to get a pizza. BUT, it was thin crust with cheese and olives, plus I roasted some zucchini/garlic/onions/Spike in some olive oil so at least we had vegetables with the pizza.

As far as weight loss I guess I pretty much do what everyone else does--fight with myself about food nearly every single minute of the day, exercise, drink water, and try to get lots of fruit and vegetables. I have been able to keep myself from eating in between breakfast and lunch (it's only about 3 hrs but I used to be eating constantly), and keep myself out of the kitchen after 8 or 9pm. Progress is soooooo slooooow...........
  • Quote: Awesome job girl!

I have to confess I had half a glass of coke today! Went out for lunch with coworkers, and totally forgot about my no soda rule - ordered by usual coke, drank about half of it, before i remmebered!

At least it was ne of those watered down, iced fountain drinks!
    1/2 a coke is way better than the whole coke!!
  • Yeah, progress is slow... unfortunately. i guess its a never ending battle. i have to drink more water and exercise more. I've already cut back on food too much. I'm dying for some thin sliced pizza. I haven't had a slice in like... a month. I used to have it at least twice a week lol.

How long have you been trying to lose weight, kamesennin?
  • Quote: Yeah, progress is slow... unfortunately. i guess its a never ending battle. i have to drink more water and exercise more. I've already cut back on food too much. I'm dying for some thin sliced pizza. I haven't had a slice in like... a month. I used to have it at least twice a week lol.

How long have you been trying to lose weight, kamesennin?
    I know, pizza is evil. At least I have a skinny husband who will gobble up all the extra pieces so I don't eat too many slices. I've been trying to change my lifestyle since August or so? I had a baby so that was good for about 20 lbs right there, LOL. How long have you been at it?
  • Congrats on the baby! How much do people typically gain when they have a baby? 20-30 pounds? I'm trying to lose weight so that I'll be in good shape to have a baby... (and before that-look good in a wedding dress) I've started September 1st! Almost two full months in.
  • Whoa you have lost a ton of weight, mermaid! And in only 2 mo? You must feel great. I think 20-30 lbs for a baby is ideal if you are at a good weight to begin with, but you can gain less if you have more fat reserves. Just don't do what I did! I mistakenly took pregnancy as a time to eat whatever and whenever I wanted. And I never exercised! Big mistake. I gained way too much with my first and never lost it. Then I got pregnant with my second and I just felt horrible! I think the best thing to do is to eat clean and healthy throughout the pregnancy and also keep up the exercise. With my second baby I gained only 4 lbs but I was considered "obese" on the charts, like all the medical people liked to tell me. My baby was a healthy 6 lbs 15 ounces and I lost 25 lbs after she was born. I should have laid off the ice cream with my first--but at least I am done now so I can get my body back! Wow I just wrote my life story how embarrassing.
  • so i was wondering if any of you have ever also dealt with depression. I have to admit that from time to time, I feel this huge sense of despair, and find it hard to believe that I'll ever lose any weight, or look good, or feel positive.

sorry for such a downer post - i just saw some pictures from a networking event i went to last night, and i just look so...

bah humbug!
  • Kamesennin- thanks for the life story lol. I enjoyed it! and it's helpful, because i do like to plan ahead and I'm dying to get pregnant, so... it's information I am grateful to hear. I want my body to be in as perfect as possible shape before I decide to have kids, in hopes not to go overboard and be able to maintain a decent body/weight after the children are born. You are tiny for having two children! I applaud you on your weight loss journey so far.

aino- Yes! sometimes depression kicks in. I started a thread called "I hate my body!!" the other day, because I was having a day where I felt just like you. I actually saw pictures of what I used to look like when I was skinny, and had looked in the mirror and just felt so ugly. I can't explain how ugly I felt, I wanted to smash the mirror. Even when i'm exercising and i feel i am accomplishing something, I still have this feeling deep down that I'll never lose any weight and I won't feel any better. As I said on the other thread, even though I am considered healthy on the bmi charts, i don't feel healthy and I certainly dont look it. I'm usually a positive person, but lately, especially when trying to lose this weight, I feel negative- like I will never be satisfied with my body and constantly disgusted by myself and my excess weight. Change just takes such a long time, I'm too impatient in this process. I want more immediate results, so I get depressed.
  • any short girls still out there?

lets talk. how is everyone doing?
  • Still here although I've been avoiding my scale the past few days. Halloween and then the election has kind of done some damage. I'm trying to exercise more to make up for it. Also, I leave for a trip tomorrow and I haven't packed yet. How on earth am I going to make it on the plane with two kids. What was I thinking.

I finally got around to hemming my new jeans and came across this method for hemming: http://www.sketchee.com/963/hemming-jeans-like-a-pro I have yet to try it but it looks so much easier than what I have been doing. I usually cut off the excess and double fold a hem and then sew.

I also got a new bra at Target!!! I broke down and got an underwire and now my boobs are back where they belong, about 5 inches higher. LOL