BAd Gas

• I realize this has been answered a few times, and I did scour the FAQ's page concerning this so I apologize in advance!

UM, i've been eating basically : Chicken breasts, Tilapia, Ground meat, lf cheese, 1 % dairy, Chick peas, lettuce, tomato, olives, ranch dressing, cereal, spinach, broccoli, ....

I have gas... have had it for about four days or more... and it smells bad!

suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
  • So has that been your diet for a while or are you adding/changing anything?
  • Broccoli. I just read an article in Health magazine that said Broccoli is one of the worst bloat foods. They said if you have an event or something, don't eat it. Kind of sucks, because I love broccoli too.
  • Quote: Broccoli. I just read an article in Health magazine that said Broccoli is one of the worst bloat foods. They said if you have an event or something, don't eat it. Kind of sucks, because I love broccoli too.
    never had this problem at all - thank god I love the stuff
  • Have you tried Beano? I've increased my intake of beans and broccoli with SBD and had the same problem, but I tried taking 3 Beano with the first bite of food, and it seems to have helped me quite a bit. It's an enzyme that helps avoid the formation of gas in the first place. Hope this helps.
  • Broccoli, cabbage, onions, etc. cause gas. Any time food sits in your intestines, it can form gas, so you want to make sure you're having regular bowel movements. Are you taking fiber supplements? They can help with the movements, but they can also cause gas.

Beano with your food should take care of the problem. Wal*Mart sells a non-brand-name kind that's cheap.