Getting Lighter -- 2008; #3

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • Hi there everybody . . . to our newest home. Our previous thread was getting a little long so I figured it was time for a fresh new start.

Don't forget to "subscribe" to this thread so you can find us easily.

Autumn is my favourite season of the year even though it does lead into the long and nasty Winter. I just the colours and the temperatures.

Have a great day . . .
  • A new thread! Thought I'd check in and bump this to the top, ha, ha.

Got in all my exercise today and went shopping with mom-another marathon 6.5 hour shopping expedition for both of us. Bought new jeans in a size 10 but haven't tried them on yet. Yikes, what have I done-size 10. I couldn't find the 12s so I went with the 10s. So if they don't fit now they will soon enough. When I find the energy and the bag they're in I'll try them on and let you know what the verdict is on the size.
  • HAPPY OCTOBER EVERYONE
    Meowee thank you for starting another thread for us. It is a lovely fall day here in the middle of Nebraska.My September ended with a good loss and my October started with a gain! What a difference a day makes. Think I ate everything bad I could yesterday and I don't know why. Oh well yesterday is gone and this is a new day. I did have wonderful news this week that I just must share with you. I had my blood cholesterol checked last week after being on medication for 5 months. Oh WOW I went from a 305 total to a 153 total.All of my numbers are good now, I am so relieved.
    Hi Isabella good luck with those size 10 jeans.Doesn't if feel gooood. I still haven't gotten any new fall clothes and I sure need some,at least some long sleeved tops.
    Well my DH informed me that we should go cut another load of firewood this Saturday since the weather is going to be so nice. Think this will be the last load we should need to get us through the winter, unless it is a really bad one. I'd rather do it now than have to go in the snow and cut it, we have done that before.Gals I am off to the treadmill so will check in here again tomorrow. Have a great day, Donna
  • Good Morning . . .

Unfortunately the cold did NOT miraculously disappear overnight. And it's a pretty cold and dreary morning out there. I do have to get a bit of grocery shopping done though or my good intentions for October will be slipping away before they even get started.

We are all going to have a great month, gang . . . see you later.
  • Hi everyone. I did try on my jeans last night and they fit tightly with a lovely muffin top to add to the charm of the denim. Ha, ha. I figure another 10 and they'll be good. Probably by Christmas.

Donna, that's great news about your cholesterol levels. I know what you mean about wanting to eat everything. I just had a few nachos and cheese. So good but so heavy in calories and fat but sometimes I want that salty, crunchy, cheesy stuff. Good luck with the wood this weekend. We've started to burn ours on damp evenings but it's almost still too warm. If mom wasn't here we'd probably put on a sweater and warm up that way.

Meowee, that cold is sure hanging on. We've had mild to almost warm weather the last few days. The sun broke out this afternoon but by this evening it was wet, wet, wet.
  • Phew, what a week, but I am back.
    I broke up that beaver dam, wrote tests, graded papers for mid-terms and exercised like mad last week and lost 3 pounds!

I gotta go keep my committment to walk 45 minutes tonight here in a few minutes. I bought a little watch to keep track of how long I have been out when I walk so I can track miles per hour and it keeps beeping at me. Every day at 4:30 it beeps and I can't figure out how to turn it off. I misplaced the instructions and I am about to use a hammer to fix it but good!

Good luck on those jeans, Isabella. I know you will be into them by Christmas. Muffin tops are only appealing on muffins! I love having something to look forward to wearing the next 10 pounds down...it is a great motivator. I have a cute little jacket hanging on a hook in my room (so I can see it) reminding me to do my ab work so I can button it some time soon!

Donna, getting firewood is great calorie burning and strength training work! I am going to do a bunch of pre-winter clean up in my garden so I figure I will be good on the exercise with that (wheelbarrow, shovel and rake work, ya know?) all of that is pretty heavy work. I figure three or four hours of that should burn lots of calories.

Well, I am off with my crazy watch for the 45 minute walk. Get well soon Meowee...I am sending you mega doses of C, D and sunshine in my thoughts!

Sheri

• Still pretty cold and overcast around here but I'm definitely doing the Thursday Mall-Crawl with my buddy LouLou today.

See you later . . .
  • Sheri, that 4:30 beep is to make sure you leave work and not do any overtime. Congratulations on that 3 pound loss!

I've increased the resistance on my exercise bike and I'm feeling it something awful when I'm riding. By the time I'm on my last kilometer I can hardly peddle with any rhythm. My legs are like lead but I'm hoping it'll get easier in a few weeks. It gives me a good workout though.

Meowee, hope you had a good mall crawl today. Did you get any bargains?

• Lots of fun on the shopping level yesterday but, shall we say that the lunch that we had first, was a bit too good. It included carrot cake and a few too many garlic bread sticks.

Today will definitely be better and -- drum roll please -- the sun is shining.
  • Another gloriously sunny day . . . and I'm going out to play.

Yesterday I managed to eat clean and got the for two in a row today.

• Sunny and cool again today . . . but nothing very exciting in my plans.
  • It's cool here today, too but with sunny intervals between the clouds. I couldn't keep going on my bike at the resistance level I had set. Half way through I had to turn it down because I couldn't move the peddles anymore. My legs were too tired. I suppose I'll eventually get used to the higher level if I ever build up enough muscle.

• It's almost 2 pm and I have no idea what has happened to make the time pass so quickly today. Some days just seem to be like that.

We are having another gorgeous and sunny one, though so that's a good thing.

BTW -- for any of you involved in the current Accountability Thread for October, please have a little glance at the note I've added to the introduction post -- if you change your mind about participating, please delete your post.
  • I finally got my rear in gear and did my circuit workout but didn't start until 8 pm. It was a good workout though and I feel like I burned the fat tonight. I'm sitting here wrapped up in a blanket now evaporating after the workout. I need to get a shower but I was too hot when I finished and now I'm freezing. Ha, ha. No happy medium.

Have a great evening.
  • Hi Ladies!

Isabella, did you get a new exercise bike? I don't remember you talking about one before. I am going to get a new one here pretty soon, now that the weather is getting cold. It is starting to rain here and so my walking is going to be curtailed. I suppose it rains hard there too, but I am a softee when it comes to being out in inclement weather. I like using an exercise bike and the resistence training really does improve muscle tone, fast! I think if I got a weight bench and an exercise bike that would be a pretty good overall workout. I think I can interest my husband in the weights and perhaps the bike, too.

I would love to surprise my MIL and FIL with a slender new son the next time we see them! They are both active and fit people in their 80's.

I have gotten used to the watch beeping...silly watch. After a couple of minutes, it stops...and it is a good reminder for me to go home! I think I left the instructions at the house in Oregon, so maybe I will have to put up with it for only a few more weeks.

This week has not been the best diet week. We went to a friend's house for dinner last night and we both had made harvest foods. She had Jerusalem Artichokes (which I LOVE) and she made a fresh peach pie...sigh. I made Kbobs with all fresh veggies from my garden and roasted pumpkin, and did I mention the fresh spinach alfredo sauce on the noodles? I probably ate more carbs than I eat in a month. The peach pie was delicious. I did not binge, though. I was not stuffed to the point of being overfull or uncomfortable. I did not gain any weight this morning, but I am waiting for it to catch up with me! I think I have a harder time dieting in the winter because the fresh foods available tend to be heavier...winter squash, carrots, cabbage, bananas. I have got to get some more lettuce planted in my garden so I will have that wonderful light food right on hand at all times!

Donna, good news about your cholesterol! That is a really dramatic drop and congratulations and good for you for making the effort to bring it down. Do you suppose you will get to quit taking your cholesterol medications? Wouldn't that be great!?

Meowee, good for you for having an eating clean day! I have been having a hard time with that. But, I am back on track. One good, big meal sets me back. So far though, I have been able to jump back in and not give up.

Well, nighty night time for me! Have a great, on plan week!

Sheri