alternative slacker exercise thread

You're on Page 10 of 13
Go to
  • Lol @ Ollie and Jandaman!

I managed four days in a row! Now I'm going for five. But, I gained on the scale this morning. After effects from pizza? Did 71 minutes last night, was so sweaty by the end of it I was embarrased to walk through the lobby to go to my truck...I had under boob sweat, between boob sweat, under arm sweat, back sweat, butt sweat...it was bad...
    it doesn't help that the cardio room is in a mezzanine above the pool, its like a steady 90 degrees F up there.
  • Level 2 of Shred is a killer. Jillian isn't kidding when she said she wanted me to feel like I was going to die. My wrist is sore now. I hope it doesn't bother me too much tomorrow.
  • just finished Day 1 of this Shred thing. ummm...yeah...two pound weights are fine
  • Ollie - Yeah, light weights are best. I only have 5lb weights, so it's intense for me. Speaking of which, I did another day of Shred.
  • ya'll're rockin! i can't wait until my back is realigned and i get doctor's permish to get punished by jillian meself!
  • Another day of Shred done.
  • did the shred today. i skipped yesterday as i was a tad hungover (and sore!), but i think starting today i'm really going to attempt 30 days non-stop. thanks for the inspiration, robot!
  • Thanks Ollie, I try to inspire. It was this thread itself that inspired me to do the Shred.
  • Shredded again!
  • I am half way done with 30DS! Only 15 more days to go.
  • cardioed again, for 75 minutes, 5 days last week, sooo proud of myself and my energy level is pretty darn good.
  • Yay, ghost, you're kicking butt with that cardio.
  • I decided to peep into this forum. I'm pretty good about exercise I think. I mean, I do about 30-45 min. cardio everyday. I plan to increase that once I hit 200lbs and then again at 180 and 160lbs. I have a full weight room and cardio gym at college so there really is no excuse. There's all sorts of weight equiptment too. I do my arms and legs on mon, wed, and fri and my abs and back on tues, thurs, and sat. I also do crunches and stretch everyday for belly dance. Oh ya! I also have private belly dance lessons on mon. nights so I'm learning a real skill lol. I'd like to keep posting here from now on too if everyone's ok with it.

Well, look at the time. I need to hit the gym and go to belly dance. Ta ta for now!

Matti
  • day 2 of the shred done. even tho i have a paper due tomorrow at noon, which i have not started yet. that's dedication, holmes. my thighs are so friggin sore. i realize that up until now i have not done any strength training.

bellydancing sounds fun, matti. let me know how it goes.
  • Belly dance is going great. This is my third lesson. My teacher (and college friend) had her own troupe in Egypt (where she is from). She really focuses on what I want the most. I picked out the style of belly dance I wanted to learn, which is American Tribal Fusion. Its very low-impact, slower belly dance. I told her I want to lose weight and firm up my butt and abs. I do a full warm up and ab, glut, and thigh workout. Then, we cover the basic techniques and build on them from lesson to lesson. Then we cool down and stretch. It can be very cardio heavy somedays, but it is more strength training and toning. Once I start doing routines it will be more aerobic. Until then I still do my cardio workout 30-60 min. per day. She also gives me "homework" which is crunches, stretches, and different variations of our workout to practice. Its nice to be able to see improvement from week to week as well as have a goal of becoming better. Plus, she keeps me accountable!