Weight loss buddies!

You're on Page 5 of 7
Go to
  • Where is everyone???

Guess what?? I ran my first 5k race on Saturday . . .I didn't walk at all and finished in 29 min 47 seconds!! Woop woop!!! I'm very proud of myself, I was very worried that I was going to make a fool out of myself during it but I think I might actually qualify as a runner now! yay!!

On a bad note, my weekend was HORRIBLY off plan. . so that +period=2 lb gain! Nooooo!! I'm really hoping it's just water weight and that I'll be back down to 135 in a day or two after staying OP. Wish me luck!

Jamie, thanks! I love this pic, it's one of the few new ones I have where you can really see my weight loss (I'm the one on the left, obviously, considering the other girl is a super tall and thin model-esque type! - she was bending down for the pic haha - But, I love her anyway lol). . .I'm glad you had a good birthday, and you'll get back down with a few days on plan, don't you worry! How's your c25k going?

And Kim, how's YOUR c25k going???
  • Hey Lunabella - I'm not sure where everyone else went...I think they ditched us.

I would be so excited to run a 5K and not walk at all! Yesterday I did week 4 day 1 and almost quit a couple of times. But I made it. And I'm SORE today! Whoah. I sure hope day 2 goes better!

So you are doing the 10 pound challange in Oct too? Do you have 5 or point 5 left to go??? I have 6 pounds to go and just can't seem to break this 160/161 mark. I was really frustrated this weekend because I saw the scale say 167! ERRRKKKK!!! But it must have been water weight because I'm back down to 161.
  • Hey Jamie! I think they ditched us too It's cool, we can hold each other accountable!

After your post I realized that my signature was confusing (I didn't even think about that!) so I changed it . . . it's 5 more to go. I wish it was .5, that would make my life easier!!

I hope you can break your plateau. . maybe if you post what you've been doing regarding eating and exercising I can help you brainstorm ideas to bust through it! Two heads are always better than one

I hate that water weight can make that much of a difference on the scale!! I've been avioding the scale like the plague since my TOM has been here and I didn't eat that well over the weekend so I knew the water weight was gonna discourage me if I looked at the number.

I've been slacking on my exercising since my run on Saturday I've been SO busy, it's effing ridiculous!!! Last night was pretty dang stressful so I really want to go for a run today to let off some steam, but I had class at 9 and 10, I'm at work until 2:15, I have class at 3 and 4, and I'm going to a breast cancer fund raiser after that so I just dunno if it's gonna happen. Grr. Tomorrow I will definitely run.

On a good note, I've been eating well. . .minus the alcohol, dangit. But it's my last year in college, I'm not giving up the social life for weight loss. And I seem to be doing ok with alcohol still in my diet so I'm not that worried about it right now. Normally I stick to very low cal drinks (i.e. vodka tonics, vodka and diet cokes, Michelob Ultras), but last night after seeing an ex for the first time in a while I downed two Long Islands. Whoops! At least I ate super healthy throughout the day and had a good bit of calories saved for the night.
  • Might I just say that I have both insane respect and admiration for the fact that you're both doing 5 k runs? I simply could not do that. I'm impressed with myself for getting my booty moving and walking 8,500 steps a day by skipping bus rides to and from campus... I can't even IMAGINE running 5 k. I'm hella impressed with you ladies, though. Well done!

Jamie:
    What the heck? Your scale is mean, lol. Musta been water weight... at the same time, do you think your scale might be a little tempermental? 167 when you're actually 161?? Yipes. My scale used to weigh me super high if I set it down on carpet, or bathmats, is yours on a hard surface?

Either way, YAY for being down to 161! We're so similar in our goals, and where we are, I'd MORE than willingly join your little thread of two and get you guys to help me be accountable for my weight loss as well.

Luna:
    Ew, the accidental ex run-in. That's worth a couple of Long Islands. Sounds like you're awesomely on-track tho!

I feel your pain about the social life... I'm in my last year of university, so I'm trying desperately to balance school, work, friends, weightloss and a long-distance relationship. Jesus, it's hard as ****, isn't it?
  • Luna, I think I will start posting my food and maybe you guys can give me some food ideas. I've done WW in the past so I know how to count points so I TRY to do that. But, like last night, I was giving my daughter some chicken nuggets and HAD to have some... So those took me over my daily points.

Have you guys tried those "side dishes" in the "rice" area? I LOVE the chicken rice one. I put A TON of broc and carrot slices in it when I make it. I think there is 2.5 servings in the bag and each serving is around 250 points. But usually get 3, sometimes 4 meals out of one because of all veggies I put in it. So yeah, had that for dinner and for lunch today. I am also addicted to peanut butter. I have it every day on an engligh muffin in the morning. I will track everything today and report back tomorrow.

Jelbb - Welcome! Thanks for the credit, but I'm not up to 5K YET! I'm doing the C25K (couch to 5K) program and did week 4 day 1 yesterday...which killed me!

Oh - And I know I have a good scale. It's one of the fancy Weight Watcher ones and sits in the same place. I think my problem was that I didn't eat much on my birthday (last Thursday) went out and drank like I was 21 again, and then spent 2 days eating everything in site.

So are you girls considering that trip that "mckenziesmom" is planning?
  • What trip is this now? And... if it's a trip, I'm willing to bet ten bucks that it's somewhere in the states. Huzzah for being above the border.

Mmmmm, I love those side dishes like that. I wonder if they have wheat/gluten in them...
    I'm doing kinda a combo of cutting out wheat and gluten, and also watching my calories and not eating junk.
    Though, to be totally honest, I think the biggest motivator to cut out the junk is the anti-wheat thing, because all the junk I want has wheat in it... Cookies, donuts, cakes, etc., lol.

And hey, working your way up to a 5 K is more than I'm doing! CONGRATS, and keep going darling!

Oh, hey, I have a fancy Weight Watchers scale too, lol. It's glass and pretty, and lately is my best friend since the numbers keep dropping. Woo!
  • I bet we have the same scale!

Check out the side dishes. If I think about it when I'm home, I'll check the label and post. But I think they are just called "side dishes" and they come in little bags with many differen flavors. I LOVE EM.

Check out the thread about Meet and Greet. Click on "new posts" at the top and you should be able to find it. Right now it's looking like the vote is VEGAS.
  • Hi everyone...

Sorry I haven't posted.

Walked/ran for 45 min or and hour 3 times this week so far, and it's wednesday .
    Food has been ehhh.
    But feeling good about the exercise!
  • Last night I was horrible. Don't even want to discuss it!

Back on track today. C25K tonight. Week 4 day 2
  • jelbb - welcome!! Thanks for joining our little accountability thread And you know what? If you switched from riding the bus to walking, you ARE technically working yourself up to a 5k. . every little bit counts! Keep adding a bit more walking and eventually some wogging (walking/jogging) and then some jogging and you'll be running 5ks before you know it, I promise! It's really surprising how quickly your body adapts and how much you can do. . .I didn't think I'd EVER be running a 5k! Even back in high school when I was running track I considered myself a sprinter and that I'd NEVER do anything over a mile lol!

scorpio - welcome back good job on all the exercise!! I'm impressed!

Jamie - it's cool, no worries, we all have those nights and you're handling it perfectly. . acknowledge that it happened, then move on to today with a clean slate. Hey, do you actually have a diet blog? When I try to click on your link it doesn't work The link that shows up isn't one for a blog either, it's something about a slider-scale, I think it might be a ticker?

All right someone seriously needs to kick my butt into gear, I haven't done ANY exercise since my race on Saturday. What is wrong with me???? For some reason my muscles aching as if I have exercised and my hip and knees hurt, but I haven't done anything since my race except walk around campus for classes. I have a flag football game tonight (the championship game!!) so that'll count for something, but I need to be doing something every day. Where did my motivation go?? Can someone please find it and send it back my way? I'd appreciate it.

I realized today that by reaching 135 I now only weigh 5 lbs more than my 5'11 boyfriend instead of almost 20 lbs! Yay!
  • Hey Luna! Thanks for telling me about the blog thing. I do have one, sorta, and didn't realize that my link didn't work. I think it should now.

I think you're okay to take a few days off after running a 5K! Wasn't it you who told me that even those I was sore to get back on the horse and the soreness would go away?! Well, hop to it! You better have some exercise planned for Friday too! Have fun at that flag football game. I sure wish we had stuff like that around here!

Tonight is week 4 day 2 of C25K. So far today I had a 6 inch turkey sub with lots of veggies/no cheese and one of the tiny bags of peanut m&m's from the darn haloween candy!

So what do you ladies think of the whole 3FC trip to Vegas in 2010? Do you think you will go? I would like to go but am a little nervous about it. I think I would end up trying to get at least one of my girlfriends to come with me...
  • good for you on keeping up with the c25k! I have no idea where I'll be or what I'll be doing in 2010 (I graduate college in May of '09) so I can't start planning anything for then haha. I don't even know what job I'll have or how vacation time will work or anything like that.

But I'll definitely see how it's looking as it gets closer!
  • Luna:
    Hmm. Me and a 5k. I just don't know, hehe.
    But I downloaded a couple of audiobooks (TWILIGHT, YAY! ) and I find they keep me entertained. I don't mind exercise at all, it's the boredom that I associate with it that really bugs me. Long as I can throw a book on on my iPod, I'd be happy to walk 10 K, lol!

LUNA! *swift kick in the butt* DO YOU REALIZE... how many calories you could be dropping by just a 15 or 20 minute run a day!?!?! WOMAN, you could be down an extra lb for that! NOW YOU GET YOUR BOOTY MOVING!!! Find a time tomorrow.. that you are GOING to go for that run!!!

...that was me. Kicking your butt. How'd it go? You feel motivated? Inspired? Ready to write a novel about me, as your mentor, forever? That was my goal. I know, I'm epic.

Scorpio:
    Kudos on the exercise! Well, food can't always be perfect. Keep up the workouts, and a little more food effort next week, and the pounds'll be FLYING off.

Jamie:
    Ahh, I think they need to have a Canada meet and greet. ****, you're from Wisconsin, it'd be closer for you to come to a Canada one, probably, anyhow.
    ...let's be realistic here, geography is not my strongest subject, and I'd have to look up a map to be sure of where Wisconsin is. But in an episode of That 70s Show, they drove to Canada to buy beer, and it didn't take them more than a day, so you can't be THAT far from the border, because TV = reality. *nods seriously*

Also, I'm ditto with Luna. I may well be moved to Ireland by then if me and the boy are still together... I'll be drinking Guinness and saying "Tanks" (thanks) and "Ah, yer Grand," (It's okay.) instead of drinking Maple Syrup and saying, "Yes, me and the mister bought our pet polar bear a few years ago, he's like part of the family now."

Oh, and LUNA.
    Who are you in your display picture? I keep glancing at it, just because I'm so curious.. blue shirt? Black shirt. Blue shirt... black shirt...
  • Luna, sorry I haven't been on in a while. Hubby and the kids and I went out of town for the weekend and it has just been super busy with the move coming up in 3 weeks - YIKES!!!

I feel bad for saying this but the C25K hasn't even been started by me yet - I know shame on me! I can't seem to get to the gym to run - by the time hubby gets home I am too tired to go. Anyway, logistically it is just not a possibility right now with kids and moving and such. Hubby doesn't want me to get the treadmill until we move so that is postponed as well

However, he is considering buying the Nintendo Wii Fit for me - YAY!!! I could start that and do it for now until we move and get settled.

I forgot to mention that it occured to me that right after we move hubby is leaving in mid November and will not return until mid December for training so I will have to stop the C25K for almost a month due to lack of childcare.....I think the Wii Fit will work better until we get settled in NC and then I can committ more fully to the C25K. Thanks for asking though Does anyone on here know anything or have the Wii Fit??
  • Walked for 45 minutes tonight, at 3.5 mph with a 1.0 incline. 1.5 was making my shins hurt in a weird way. Ok foodwise today, minus some halloween candy and 2 subway cookies...Oh and I'm going home this weekend so I'll check my weight. I worked out 3 or 4 times this week, its so sad that my life is such a blur that I cant even remember these things. So we'll say three to be safe. I'm going home this weekend and I'll weigh myself on my Wii Fit. We have two scales at home and they both say totally different numbers. So this week so far was ok foodwise and pretty decent exercise wise baby steps.