Sick Today, Craving Junk

• Do any of you crave junk food when you're sick?

I have some sort of mild cold or flu, and even though I'm not very hungry, I'm totally craving potato chips and ranch dip. I don't even like potato chips that much!

Maybe it's the salt...? Wish I could just make some chicken noodle soup. Unfortunately, I live in a strictly vegetarian household.
  • How about some miso soup? Hope you feel better soon!
  • Thanks!
  • Yup, I totally crave junk food when I am not feeling well. I think it has to do with the whole "comfort food" thing.

You can get some instant soup made by Lipton (just add water) and those will only set you back 60 calories and Progresso has some AWESOME light soups for only about 60-90 calories per serving! I like to eat that soup with a cheese sandwich made from fat free kraft cheese, light bread and I can't believe it's not butter 0 calorie spray.

I hope you feel better soon!
  • ive never really been sick through my weight loss journey....
    i think my exercise is battling off all the colds and building up my imunity....
  • I've got a cold right now too.

I've been eating homemade potato soup, but it's made with chicken broth. I almost gave into some boxed mac & cheese and then read the fat and calorie content.
  • Taylor - Thanks for the suggestions! I had totally forgotten about those Lipton packets - I often ate them when I sick and still lived at home.

Girl Anachronism - That's so funny, I have a box of mac and cheese in the cupboard and was thinking about making it! BTW, I *almost* chose your screen name when I joined 3FC.

Think I'm gonna have some toast and watch "Mad Men"...
  • Try Annie's organic mac and cheese. You don't add butter or milk so It's better for you. I make a pot, and then scoop out 1 serving, and immediately put the rest in a Tupperware.

When I'm sick.... I just crave ginger ale. I almost like being sick becasue it's a reason to lay in bed all day, plus i usually loose my appetite. eek.
  • When I am sick I eat everything in sight....but I can do that when I am not sick....

But yeah, those Lipton thingies are AWESOME. I might eat one with my lunch...they are so warm and happy.