I Like To Move It, Move It! MOVE IT!

• Hi all! Just wanted to share a NSV with you guys today, and ask a question. Today, I went to my local walking/jogging park, and ACTUALLY RAN for about 1/4 of my hour workout, instead of just walking. And I lived to tell the tale-WHEEEE!!!
    My question is, does anyone else need to "boogie" to their music while out for a walk/run? I just can't help it sometimes. I know I look like an idiot while I'm dancing and grooving along, but I just need to be-bop down the track when my iPod gets pumping! Other walkers seem to move away. Anyone else a slave to the beat, or am I just a Whackadoodle?
  • Nice work on the run!!! It's not an easy thing to do...starting running I mean. It was a walk/run thing for me and I loved it!
    AWesome!!!!!
    About the music? I'm a 'fraidy cat.
    I am terrified that if I listen to music I will not notice a car if I am cycling or running on the street and I will get hit. If I am on a running path I also worry that I won't hear somebody behind me who wants to pass.
  • I too am a slave to the beat - give me "Sexxy Back" or "Please Don't Stop the Music" and I can workout for an hour!
  • I do it too. I'm sure people at the gym look at me like I'm crazy sometimes, because I try to "dance" while I'm doing my cardio. If i'm lifting weights, I'll sit there and bob my head between reps.

This little guy is my one of my favorite smileys too...I wonder why?

And congrats on your NSV!
  • Thanks guys, now I know that I'm not an oddball, I'm just musically enlightened! And GreenEggsAndTam, when I groovin', it is on a running path in a park! No cars in sight. And, believe me, I'm moving around enough to notice everyone around me. You should see me when I play Black Eyed Peas on the 'Pod- look out!
  • Awesome! Way to go!

I definitely boogie while running and I'm sure I look plain silly but I don't care who is around or who sees me. It's what keeps me into the run and makes the whole thing fun!
  • Not only do I get a few moves going on when I'm running well.... I have been known to wake up my husband because I was singing along with my Ipod. Most people wake up to an alarm- not my hubby - he is seranaded by me. He is really happy with my "rendition" of Prince, Pink or Robert Palmer or anybody else for that matter.