Water! #2

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • My totals for the past few days have been very dismal so I'm not even going to bother posting them. I bought 2 more 20 oz water bottles so my goal today is to drink at least 60 oz.
  • Ok - who wants to figure out my twisted mind
    So I've been having a TERRIBLE time drinking my water. I was using a 32 oz jug, and struggled with finishing 2 of them.
    so yesterday I just HAPPENED to bring a 24 oz. sport bottle (used to hold powerade). I drank 5 of them, no sweat, no pressure, no nothing. That's 120 oz! (Almost a gallon!) I was shocked.

So why do you think that is?
  • Beth Anne, I have the same problem, I have a 44 oz twist and go cup that I used to use for water, and I'd struggle to finish it, I switched to my 32 oz one, and I slug em down no problem... odd that way... I guess I'll start posting here too... I'm on just about every other thread...lol, might as well hit as many as possible... guess I'll post yesterday's water... I think I drank almost 3 quarts, I never finish the one I take to bed with me... today is also a slow water day for me, just about to start into my second quart, but I'll get at least 3 today, my body is screaming for it...
  • Yesterday (Wednesday) - 104 oz.
  • My wonderful water secret that helps me SO much...

I have a 32 oz styrofoam cup that I buy from work. I keep it filled with ice and I refill my cup anywhere from 4-7 times a day.

But the secret is...the straw. The straw helps me drink so much more than I would be drinking from anything else.
  • 3 quarts for me yesterday...starting a bit earlier today, maybe I'll get my full gallon
  • Did my gallon Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were low.

BethAnne - It is wierd what works. I used to drink from sports bottles and I had the hardest time. Then I boght this cool looking cup with a handle (18 oz.) and it just started going down like nothing. Now I've switched to a 24 oz. one. I use a bottle in the car. What's wierd for me is how hard it is on the weekends. I just forget about it.

Jennifer - I am going to find a straw right now.

I love water. I feel so much better when I have had a gallon!!!!
  • It's interesting the habits we get into. I MUST drink my water from a bottle, preferably a 32 oz one. I can only seem to drink from a glass in the early a.m. when I ingest all my vitamins and in the evening while I am exercising. Otherwise I have to have the bottle. I carry it around work, take it to meetings etc. Monday-Friday, my typical amount of ounces is 100. However, it is harder for me on the weekends,

I too know that I feel better when I drink a lot....I don't drink anything else but water, no coffee, no tea, no diet tonic.
  • Continue to struggle
    I'm not doing so well these past few days. I think Wed. I drank 30 oz, yesterday 40 oz. I'm still working on it though. I think I'll try Jenniffer's straw trick and see if it helps.
  • 132 oz. yesterday.
  • was not very good on water yesterday, only got in like a quart and a half, but today, I'm making up for it, on my second quart already... will post totals tomorrow
  • water measurements-for Bethanne
    Bethanne (and anyone else)

Isn't a gallon 64 ounces? So you have been drinking way over a gallon all along

I found a way to get in an extra 32 oz of water. I keep a 16 oz plastic cup in my bathroom, and drink a glass after each time I brush my teeth.

I haven't been doing well this week on anything

Sherry
  • Nope Sherry, a gallon is a whopping 128 ounces... that just SOUNDS like too much to even think about ingesting, huh? but it's not too bad if you pace yourself
  • 4/12 - 45 oz

Also what is the difference between a gallon and an Imperial gallon?
  • Friday - not enough to mention
    Saturday - 133 oz.
    Sunday - 133 oz.