Sharing some success!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I went back to school yesterday, and before I went I weighed myself. I am 25 lbs lighter and 1 pant size smaller than I was at the same time last year. Not only that, but I am also still dropping weight, it will be easy to keep a diet going in the dining hall, and I have a group of friends who will go work out with me at least twice a week and on other days I have a yoga class.

I am finally on track losing weight, and I have never felt more proud of myself.
  • Congratulations! Nice to have some success and a support group to give you some confidence.

Keep up the good work!
  • Love it! Congrats! I wish i could do yoga... I always feel like such a fat mess when i am doing it.
  • Congratulations! Keep up the great work!
  • That's great! Losing weight while in college must be very difficult, you are doing amazingly well.

Belle, I love my Just My Size Yoga DVD with Megan Garcia. She shows you how to adjust the positions so that people of all sizes can do them comfortably. It's a really nice, stretchy workout, I always feel great after.
  • Awesome! It was only after I graduated that I finally got my butt in gear! I am in awe that you are able to stay committed during school!
  • Congratulations! Keep up the good work.
  • Quote: it will be easy to keep a diet going in the dining hall, and I have a group of friends who will go work out with me at least twice a week and on other days I have a yoga class.
    Hey congratulations.

It's great that you have friends to work out with. College campuses can have incredible workout and gym facilities and the price is right - already included in the fees you've paid. It's great that you're already planning to take advantage of this.
  • Yaaay, good for you, you should feel proud of yourself!
  • WTG. Your post made me think back to my university years. I miss them...I was a FAT size fourteen lol. I had the best times of my life at school. When you think the professors conspired to make everything due at the same time, when you can't figure out how to study for everything at once, when the book that is SUPPOSED to be in the reserve section but has been missing for 15 years and is the key text for you paper...honest..it is still the best time of your life! Have a great year!
  • collegegirl,congratulations!
  • congradulation, I am also a college student, a little helpful hint, it is a lot easier to study and read a text book on an eliptical trainer than it is on a treadmill, good luck sounds like you are right on track
  • Congratulations on the progress! I also just started back to school. I'm amazed that you expect losing weight on food from the dining hall. Our dining hall food was always heavy with fat and refined starches! Then they took it out and put in a Subway.