Replying to comments?

• I just started a blog here this week and am trying to get the hang of wordpress (I'm used to livejournal). I've got everything pretty much figured out except how to reply to comments that are left on my posts! I've seen in someone's blog that they just edit the comment with REPLY: and then type it in the actual comment, but is there an official way to leave a reply? Maybe a way that lets the person know I got their comment, and then they could see my reply to it?

Thanks so much!
  • well you go to the bottom of the screen and type in the 'QUICK REPLY' box.....

OR

at the top of the screen under the heading (for ex. your heading is replying to comments) is 'POST REPLY'

OR

if you want to reply exactly to one person and reference what the say you can click 'QUOTE' on the box they wrote in and then type in your reply
  • Quote: well you go to the bottom of the screen and type in the 'QUICK REPLY' box.....

OR

at the top of the screen under the heading (for ex. your heading is replying to comments) is 'POST REPLY'

OR

if you want to reply exactly to one person and reference what the say you can click 'QUOTE' on the box they wrote in and then type in your reply
    No, I mean in my 3FC blog (this is the blog help forum right?). Thanks for your help anyway, though.
  • You're in the right place.
    When I get a comment, I read it and after the comment there's a box for me to send my reply. Hope this helps.
    I'll go make a comment in your blog right now and we'll see if it works.
  • Oh woops
  • Quote: You're in the right place.
    When I get a comment, I read it and after the comment there's a box for me to send my reply. Hope this helps.
    I'll go make a comment in your blog right now and we'll see if it works.
    Ok, I did that. It just added another comment to my original post. I guess that's what I'm looking for, unless I'm missing something.

I'm just used to livejournal's format, which lets you pick a specific comment to reply to, and your reply gets put right underneath that comment, slightly indented so it's obvious that it's a reply, and not just another comment, if that makes any sense!

Thank you!