Looking for some DFW losers! #3

You're on Page 4 of 6
Go to
  • HI GROUP!

I am happy to report that i have lost another 3 pounds! YEA! Wow this exercise thing really works! Still doing good on my work out. I have even moved up a few levels.

We have been soooo busy! We got a new TV yesterday and WOW it is big! It's a 65" HDTV, we also got the entertainment center to go with it it's soooo pretty! The kids are more excited then we are i think

How is everyone doing?

Zoe, sounds like you had a great time on your canoe trip! That is such great exercise, no wonder you were so tired when you got back! I totally agree with what you said about the Amazing Race couple! I couldn't stand Will and Tara either!

Mel, Congratulations on the land that you bought! How cool to build a cabin! So happy for you! Hang in there with the weight loss girl! We ALL believe in you!

Asta, how is the weight loss coming? Sounds like you are getting back on track!

Talk to you all soon....

feffyy

265/225/138( 87 pounds to goal! )
  • Hi
    How's everyone?

It's been crazy here again, my little puppies got sick on Sunday and I've been having a hard time with them. But , this morning them seemed a little better which is good because I'm going to Baton Rouge this weekend. I didn't want to cancel and it looks like they may be fine!

Feffyy, I'm so happy for you, it sounds like you're really energized since you've been working out. That's great!

Zoe, I envy you for going canoeing, Wow, very exciting and tiring!

Asta, How are you?

I'm doing a little better with my eating, but still slowed because I haven't been able to get out and go shopping for my stuff (not a lot of good stuff to eat when husband shops). I am getting back in the gym next week, if the puppies are alright! Well, I must go but y'all have a great day!!!

Mel
  • Hello ladies

Ahhhhhhhh.....today is my Friday! I have a 4-day weekend and I am so looking forward to it. And it's a pretty full weekend too...

Friday ~ new carpet is coming....yeah! They said between 9am and 1pm so we'll see.

Saturday ~ a pool party and B-B-Q at noon. That should be fun and I am going to TRY not to eat the wrong things.

Sunday ~ ah, unfortunately, I will be a year older on Sunday so I am going to do something that *I* want to do......clean up the deck and plant flowers in the pots.

Monday ~ hey, a free day. My friend Thyra and I will go shopping while my husband plays in a golf tounament.

Hope you all have a great and safe holiday weekend.

Zoe <><
  • Happy Friday all!

How is everyone?

It's so great to be able to come here and get a pat on the back for doing good with my diet and work out. I don't think anyone else out there that i talk to knows how hard this is for me. Or how BIG of an accomplishment this is for me working out. Well, i have completed my second week in a row of going to the gym! YEA! I have moved up a level on the bike, and i have moved up several levels on the treadmill. I also am starting to feel some strength in my arms.

I need another pat on the back for something else i did the other day that was VERY hard! We went with some of our friends to my favorite restaurant. And instead of having my usual Manicotti and bread. All i had was a chicken salad with vinegar for dressing! this was SOOOOOOO hard! Everyone kept saying are you sure that is all you want? And i kept saying, yea i am fine this is pretty good! I'm really not that hungry. But the next morning when i work up i felt so great about myself! It was worth it (if for nothing else) just to have that great feeling the next morning instead of having that, "UUUGGGG i can't believe i ate all of that!" feeling.

Also as an added bonus i have lost another two pounds!

Mel, I know how it is when hubby shops! Hotdogs and pizza! Hang in there! You will get back with it i know you will!

bye for now girls!

feffyy

265/223/138( 85 pounds to goal! )

Zoe, Have a GREAT 4 day weekend! Sounds like you are going to be sooo busy! Also happy early birthday!!!!!
  • Good morning!
    I made it back from Louisiana last night, and what a long and tiring weekend it's been! I had fun, and the puppies are getting better, so now it's gonna be ME time!!! My son has a few more days of school, and then we're taking a little fishing trip. Anything to get away from home for a while!

Feffyy, I think it's great that you were so strong, it's hard to be good when everyone else can just eat! I just isn't fair but that's life! I'm impressed at how dedicated you've been with your work outs. I know it's addictive, and I can't wait to get back! This week I'm going to get back on track and get to the gym.

Hi Zoe!

Where's Asta?

Have a good holiday, be good and be safe!

Mel
  • I'm here! We went out of town for the weekend, but I'm back now.

asta
  • Hello!

Where is everyone? I am still recovering from my trip to Louisiana last weekend! Just can't seem to get going again, I feel like I'm drained! Going to the gym tomorrow, and I know that will make me feel better. Tomorrow is my son's last day of school, YEAH!!! Now it's vacation time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Asta, I hope you had a good weekend! I was out of town too, but what about the others?

Come back, we need you!

Have a good week!
    Mel
  • I'm here Mel, I'm here. I've just been so busy lately, only time to "hit and run" here.

Finally, the weekend is here. YEAH! I am going to be busy. I have so much planned, so much I want to do, so much to get done. I sure hope I stick to the 'plan'. Let's see......I want to sit down and plan my meals for this coming week, more healthy rather than "weight losing" if that makes any sense. I want to finish buying and planting more flowers and I want to get a few things straightened out in the house.....laundry, clean a few closets, etc. So yep, I have BIG plans that I hope I stick to.

Mel & feffyy ~ What gym do you go to? I really need to go and I even BELONG to a gym but don't go. Can you believe it??

feffyy ~ congrats on your loss.....you're inspiring me...(I hope) to get back on track. I've made some progress this week but slow, very slow. I just don't 'diet' like I used to when I was younger.

Mel ~ Ya know, the canoe trip was SO much fun that I am going to try to hunt down some people to go again.

Hi Asta

Have a great weekend.......

Zoe <><
  • YEAH!
    I'm glad to hear from you! Everyone has been in so little lately that it's been lonesome. I understand what you mean "busy", I brought an extra kid home last weekend, so we've been busy too! Plus the puppies are getting bigger and demand more attention too!

Zoe, we belong to Aerofit, which is the hospital fitness center and it's big and loaded with all of the equipment anyone would need. Plus a basket ball court, raquet ball, and a huge pool!!!

During my trip to Louisiana, I saw my sister who just started weight watchers in March and she's lost 12lbs. !!!! I was so inspired that I decided to see if I could find a meeting here, and to my surprise there is one! So, on Tuesday I'll be starting WW. Wish me luck, I'm excited because I think the meeting will really help. I need support and encouragement in order to keep my spirits up! I've even subscribed to a couple more threads here, it's nice to have someone to share this stuff with, and all of my family is so far away. Plus I'd rather not have to share this with them, I'd rather just let them be surprised when they see me!!!

Anyway, it's getting late, and I still have some cleaning to do, so I better go. Have a good weekend.

Mel
  • Hello everyone!

Sounds like everyone is really hanging in there! I just wanted to tell everyone that I think we are doing a GREAT job! Loosing weight is soooo hard! I remember being naturally thin back before I had kids and looking at overweight people and thinking "why don't you loose some weight?" Well I really had no idea what people go threw with a weight problem. Everything is harder, everything. One thing is for sure, I am a MUCH more compassionate person now!

I know sometimes it feels like we are alone out there, but we aren't. I feel so lucky to know each and every one of you beautiful and wonderful ladies! And I just wanted to say thank you for being there for me!

I have really had a hard time this last week. I have been doing my workout every day Monday- Friday. Plus have been doing great on my eating. But the scale has just been stuck! I got so discouraged yesterday i sat down and just started crying. I don't know why we hit these AWFUL plateaus?? I am just going to hang in there and hopefully something will change soon. It just has to right?

mel, That is awesome about your sister loosing 12 pounds! How great for her! I know allot of people that have had great success with WW I am so excited for you!!! Best of luck, and let us know how your first meeting goes ok!

Zoe, I live in an apartment with a work out room right by the pool. It has several different machines plus a tv. But we are going to try and find a house soon so then I will be on the hunt for a gym close by. There are several 24 hour fitness centers around this area so I will probably end up going to one of them. Witch one do you belong to? Don't worry about progress being slow or fast just as long as there IS progress that is ALL that matters.

Hi Asta! How ya doing?

Talk to you all soon
    feffyy

265/223/138( 85 pounds to goal! ) (still *sigh*)
  • Good morning!
    Hi, Good to hear from you Feffyy! Sorry to hear that you're feeling frustrated , but I know what will help get you through that plateau, Water and lots of it! Just flush out your whole system, and start fresh!

I'm sorry to say that I have gained all of the weight back that I had lost since I've been here, but as of today I'm starting a challenge that lasts through the end of the month. It's a 5 lb challenge, but I'm going to make it 10lb because of excess water in my system right now. Plus I know with the help of WW, that should be no problem!

Well I've gotta run. We bought a couple of lots on Lake Fork, and we're going down there to cut the grass, and do a little fishing and swimming too!

Have a good weekend Feffyy, Asta & Zoe! See ya Monday if not before!!!

Mel = Melissa
  • Where is everyone? I've been waiting and still no one comes!

Good night!
  • Hey there everyone!

I have been busy, but I'm still checking in occasionally.

asta
  • Happy Wednesday! I'm here........I can't believe that I haven't been here in 5 days. I must have forgotten. I have finally gotten back on track ~ today is day #3. I know, only 3 days but hey, for me lately, that's GOOD.

Mel ~ don't be too hard on yourself about gaining the weight back. You're not alone. Since being on 3FC, I have been as high as 209 and as low as 170. When I 'started over' 3 days ago (Monday), I was 199. Sickening isn't it???? I don't know what sort of numbers you're talking about when you say you gained it all back but look how badly I've done......but I am now trying to get back on that horse and riding it out. You can too!!

feffyy ~ Hope you're feeling better and that plateau is all but gone. Good job on working out all last week. I hope this week is the same. I really need to get some exercise too.......<sigh>

asta, where you at???

Have a great evening y'all

Zoe <><
  • Happy to see Y'all!
    Hi ladies, It's nice to hear from you again! It's been lonesome with out you, like waiting for a friend that doesn't come and I mean that i the nicest way!

Asta, are you still playing tennis? Glad you're still here!

Zoe, Congrats on getting back on track! I'm having such a hard time right now, because my Dh is on vacation and we have eaten out most even day! I'm up to 271 lbs. and I had gotten down to 258 lbs. 10 weeks ago! I was suppose to start WW last night but we didn't get home in time. We took Ds and our nephew to Dave & Busters, and then to Joe's crab shack, then had a few errands too. So I'll be starting next week, and the family has even agreed to try it with me! Good luck with your plan, I know you'll do it. You are a great motivation to me, and I thank you for that!

Feffyy, where are you? Don't give up, you can beat this! I read some where that you should increase your calories for 1 day, to shock your system and then resume your plan the following day! We're here for you!

TTYL, Good Night!