Fun NSV

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Had a first ever experience. I was sitting in hubby's lap, and he was saying how light I was. I asked him to try to pick me up, you know like they do in the movies (A la Gone with the Wind).

He did and walked around the house. I couldn't stop laughing. I've never been carried like that in my life other than when I was a little kid.

Next time I won't laugh, then cue the cheesy music and tell him to go upstairs LOL!
  • My husband often helps me pop my back by putting his arms around my shoulders/upper back and "lifting". In the past he was never able to actually *lift* me off the floor .. it just stretched me enough to pop.

A couple of months ago I asked him to "pop me" - and he put his arms around me and lifted. My feet practically flew off the ground and he staggered backwards. He didn't realize how much weight I'd lost and he was braced to "lift" much more of me.

We both got the giggles from that.

So this is an NSV that I can totally relate to! CONGRATS.

• Hee hee ^_^ What a great NSV!
  • Um.....what is a "NSV"? <insert humiliated smilie here>
  • NSV - that's a Non Scale Victory !!

It's ok not to know! Every victory doesn't have to be decided by the number on the scale.

Fiberlover....that's wonderful! Love it!
  • NSV - Non Scale Victory.

That is brilliant!!
  • Oh what a fun NSV! Yay for you and hubby!
  • That's terrific...one of my fantasies when I get to my "goal" weight (or whatever weight I end up at) is to be light enough for my husband to carry me to the bedroom...or just to the bed. <giggle>
  • oooooh....I like that one!!!
  • Thanks for clearing that up.
  • That's a great NSV!!

After we were married my husband "carried" me over the threshold. It was really more like: he held me while I hopped over. You've given me something new to aim for for our anniversary next year! Thanks!
  • Oh Lori. What a super NSV. You guys are really enjoying the new and improved you. So cool.

My husband's been wanting to pick me up for a while now. I'm still afraid to let him. I can't get past the memories of how heavy I used to be and how if he picked me up, it would definitely result in injury. It's just still hard for me to believe that I'm light enough for a human to lift me.
  • Sounds like a great NSV!!!! I can't wait till my DH can pick me up again
  • fiber - that is such cute and romantic story! Thanks so much for sharing.
  • Quote: Oh Lori. What a super NSV. You guys are really enjoying the new and improved you. So cool.

My husband's been wanting to pick me up for a while now. I'm still afraid to let him. I can't get past the memories of how heavy I used to be and how if he picked me up, it would definitely result in injury. It's just still hard for me to believe that I'm light enough for a human to lift me.
    Robin - I had those same fears. I just thought I was still too heavy. Give it a try, even just a piggy back ride. It's fun!