Back on the Beach...AGAIN:)

• Hi chicks!
    I just started up yesterday and have done the SB before and it worked really well for me.

This is what I ate today-any suggestions-am I on track-(it's been awhile)

B-2egg whites 1 egg scrambled w/tomatoes

S-string cheese

L-salad with chicken breast

S celery with ff dressing

D chicken breast with cut up veggies

Thanks girls!
  • Need some healthy oils with lunch and dinner. They can actually aid with weight loss & make you feel a lot fuller. Nuts are very healthy as well as olive oil or canola oil. Maybe an evening snack too. Always helped me stay on plan.
  • Welcome back to The Beach, Colleen! Your menu looks pretty good, except that you should try to incorporate some beans and dairy into it. Maybe some yogurt with cinnamon? You can easily get your beans in by tossing some in your salad, or heat some up with some salsa and a sprinkle of melted cheese over them.
    We look forward to having you join us and hearing from you often.
  • I can have beans on phase I-which do you reccommend? I love that salsa idea.
    I did have a NSA fudgicle last night
  • Colleen, any kind of beans is fine. Just be sure they do not contain sugar. I also rinse them to ditch the salt. Chick peas, kidney beans, romanos, etc., are all fine. By the way, the Phase I food list has been revised to include beans, tomatoes, and dairy so please check it out in the FAQ section. I am assuming you have the old book.
    and do join the Phase I Chick-Check and the daily thread.
  • Colleen!

Have you read the book in a while? You might want to reread...it sounds like you might have forgotten some of the things that will help make this workable for you. I know people get really sick of salads and eggs very quickly if they don't know that there are other options. FF dressing is probably not a good idea--most are full of sugar. Healthy oils are okay (and a great idea, as murphmitch points out), so you're looking for one that has healthy oils, 3 or less grams of sugar, and no sugar in the ingredients list.
  • I second that...REREAD THE BOOK! And if you never purchased it you canprobably get it at your local library. I paid 3 for my copy, like new, from a second hand thrift shop! (which I never go into!).
  • Just wanted to welcome you back to "The Beach"!

Good luck to you!