Just wanted to say hi and glad I found you!

• I'm 47, have a 13 year old son, trying to lose this 20 lbs I've been struggling with for at least the last 3 years....I've gotten halfway there several times just to regain it...I'm looking for some company along the way - I think it would really help!! I'm a constant dieter -- 3 steps forward 5 steps back....looking to just go forward this time!!! Would love to join you on the path!
  • Welcome! We're the same age and about the same place! I've only been here a few days but I've spent hours surfing the forums and looking at inspirational photos!

Hope to see you in the forums!

Susan
  • Welcome! I'm new here too, and it's a great group. Enjoy!

hopefuldreamer
  • Hi Ladies, another newbie here. I'm also 47, with two children - 19 & 16. And I wish I only had 20 lbs to lose! But, this time I'm determined and this site seems to be just what I need - a lot of motivation and inspiration! It would be great if we could help each other accomplish our goals!
  • Hi
    Ditto on what everyone else said. Welcome and we are glad you found us too! I will be 47 shortly so we already have something in common. Me I want to lose 43 more pounds. Hope to see you around. This is a great forum at least for me.

HopefulDreamer are you a big dolphin lover? I just noticed your avatar.

Look forward to more convo.

karen
  • to the site!
  • Welcome to you all. If you want to get involved in a chat thread, join in on the one here in the 40 something section. We'd love to hear more from you there!
  • i AM NEW TOO. i HAVE ABOUT 40 TO 45 POUNDS TO LOSE,AND i HAVE BEEN DIETING FOR 10 DAYS NOW. i FEEL BETTER. i AM 45 YRS OLD AND i HAVE BEEN UP AND DOWN ALL MY LIFE, i WANT MY THIN AND FIT SELF BACK.
    So I am glad I found this place.
  • Welcome aboard alwaysej! I'm usually more of a spectator, but reading and posting in this community is really helping me stay focused and motivated. Good luck to you - you can do it!
  • Welcome to all you newbies and hi Diane, I'm a long time poster on 3FC. There is a little nitch here for everyone. Diane and I both post at the 40's chat and a few other places as well. You can truly get some needed support here. I also post regularly in the Exercise Section if you're interested in keeping track of how much your moving. Each month there's a small group that challenges themselves, not each other, to exercise so much...we record and chat about life as we go.
    Once again good luck!
  • thank you for the welcome. I really love it here. I enjoy reading the posts here. I really need the support to get through this. Good luck to everyone!!!!
  • I also am new here again. I had joined back in 2002 when I was doing WW the first time, but stopped doing it about 10 pounds from my goal. 2002 was my year from heck, and I emotionally shut down. So now, 6 years later I am finally ready to take care of myself once again. So I rejoined WW on my 45th birthday, started exercising, quit smoking (that actually happened on 5/22) and starting to have the time of my life. I just wish my husband was still here to see me embracing life again, but I know he's watching out for me from above.

I look forward to getting to know you all.
  • I'm new here too. Actually, it's my first post.
    This week it's back to school for the kids and hopefully it's going to be back to the gym and back to sensible eating for me.