I've lost 17lbs in 21 days on South Beach

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I am thrilled with my progress thus far.
  • congrats...

how's phase 2 going for you?
  • Thanks. It's going well.
  • That's wonderful, congratulations!
  • Thanks Schmoodle.
  • That's awesome!

How do you like it so far? Feel better on the "good carbs"?

Congratulations!!
  • Congratulations! Your goal weight seems a little low.
  • Congrats! That is awesome!
  • Thanks everyone. My doctor suggested the goal weight.
  • Congratulations!

Kara
  • I agree that for your height the goal weight seems pretty low. I am 5'4" and my goal weight is 145, but I am aiming for the higher end of the normal range for my height, and that number may change. I'll worry about that when I get there. I wonder where your doctor got the goal weight. But at this point I wouldn't worry about it too much, it's just a number to shoot for, and when you start getting closer to it your body will let you know where it is comfortable. As long as you are not going to be devastated if you end up at, say, 140 instead of 115. If you are like me, anything with a 1 in front of it looks pretty good.
  • Congrats.... great job. I too think your goal is a little low, I am 5 foot tall and my goal is not that low. I am aiming for 120.
  • Congrats! I have been on the diet almost three weeks and have lost 21 lbs. It's nice to see it coming off, but I also know that the hardest work is yet to come.
  • Heh heh heh...maybe the doctor read that article, and wants you to "shoot for a higher goal" to give you more motivation?
  • Quote: Thanks everyone. My doctor suggested the goal weight.
    does not mean it's a good goal for you. it may be what he thinks all women your height should weigh....