Corn Tortillas

• Somebody told me that I could have fresh made corn tortillas instead of ww tortillas. I know I can't have the ones packaged at the store. I haven't been able to find these yet to read the ingredients. I was wondering if anybody had any insight to this.
  • sorry DeeAnn, your friend is misinformed. Corn has a lot of sugar and a relatively high GI, so we are to avoid corn and corn products or eat rarely, say once every 2 - 3 months. We are allowed 3 cups of popcorn occasionally though, without butter of course. Never did understand that myself, but them's the rules, as I recall them.
  • corn isn't allowed on any of the phases of SB.....so I would think it would be a no.
  • Thanks! I thought it was a shot in the dark...but it was a shot!
  • Go for the whole wheat shells instead. Much tastier!
  • I was just saying in another thread that corn didn't make me fat, so once in awhile I'll enjoy a fresh ear of corn. Every 2-3 months sounds doable. (I'm not arguing with the SB principles or anything like that, I'm just sayin'. )

When I'm on ph 2 though, if I have tacos or something, I'll use whole wheat shells as SunshineCA suggested. I've never had them, but I do love ww, so, it ought to be good.