** IMPORTANT ** Florida Chickies

• Hurricane Katrina was about three years ago and I worried a lot about missing chickies. (It's the Mother and Granny in me!)

Could you darlings kindly PM me your phone numbers? I promise not to pass them on but would like to have some way of contacting you if we don't see you posting.

Stay safe and don't fret if you go a tad off program. Hurricanes are a great excuse!
  • Oh my goodness, stay safe girls!!!!!
  • I agree! Stay safe and don't take any unnecessary risks!
  • QSM just went out for hurricane supplies. just spoke to dad. they were without power after katrina for a MONTH.... i finally contacted the governor of the state.
  • I hadn't even heard of this coming. I am so thankful I did. My older sister lives in Tampa in an area of high ground. She has no car and gets around by bus. I'll give her a call today and make sure she is prepared. It's hard to help her from here.
  • Ruth...keep in mind that phones may not work after the storm. We had no phones, no cell phones working, no electricty, no gas, no stores open etc for about 6 weeks after Katrina. It was like living in hot, smelly pioneer days off on an island somewhere. No communication with "the outside world" at all. So if you can't get someone, don' t think the worst.

see my post about life after the storm:
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149321
  • I know, Cat, but having a number would let us know they are OK in some cases.
  • thanks
    I live in SW Florida. Hopefully if it comes by us, it will not have grown to a strong storm. We have been ready since the start of hurricane season. It was crazy getting gas this morning. You might think it was a give-a-way.
  • we'll be praying for you!
  • I live in Soth Florida and I am very nervous about the storm, but I will not use it as an excuse to eat.
  • I hope all of you FL ladies stay safe!

Janediet- I am sure no one is using it as an excuse to eat! People are just saying if power is lost, food is scarce for awhile don't stress about being OP.
  • I will pray that all will be safe and sound with you chicks. Take care of yourselves.
  • I'm in Jacksonville and as of right now they are saying we will have 45mph winds with power outages and some flooding - we should start feeling/seeing these effects Tuesday evening. Most definetly getting prepared.
  • Stay safe and you will all be in my prayers- I have lots of relatives including one sister and nieces and nephews in boyton beach area