Just for Fun - Favorite Movies, TV Shows, Songs, Books

• Just curious what y'all are watching, reading, and listening to. Here are my faves:

Movies: Fargo, The Departed, Dodgeball, Shaun of the Dead, Shortbus

TV Shows: The Office, Lost, Weeds

Songs: "Across the Universe" by the Beatles is my all-time favorite (though I like Rufus Wainwright's version better), "Sex Changes" by the Dresden Dolls, "Third Planet" by Modest Mouse, "James River Blues" by Old Crow Medicine Show

Books: "Coming into the Country" by John McPhee, "The Poisonwood Bible" by Barbara Kingsolver, "Into Thin Air" by Jon Krakauer...and lots of others
  • Ooooo, my lemming for today! Aw dang it I'm not 20-Something... I hope I can still play

Movies: Gladiator, the Crow (the first one), 13th Warrior, Beowulf and Grendel

TV Shows: Um... I don't watch TV anymore

Songs: "Blood and Fire" by Type O Negative, "Erdbeermund" by In Extremo, "The Hazel Wood" by Demanta, "Salz der Erde" by Saltatio Mortis, "White Wedding" Ardor's version (I love Billy Idol's too)

Books: "Folk Lore of the scottish Highlands" by Anne Ross, "Pagan Celtic Britain" again by Anne Ross, the Dark Elf series by R.A. Salvatore (this is about 16 books worth)
  • Movies: I'm a Lifetime junky. I also like horror movies a lot. It really depends on my mood. I'm a sucker for a good romantic comedy too.

TV Shows: Gilmore Girls, ARMY Wives, Burn Notice, Greek. Those are my 'must see' shows
    (well, GG is on twice a day in reruns. But I still watch it) I also tune in to Dancing with the Stars.

Songs: Top 40 stuff a lot....I like "oldies" too...a little bit of everything. I guess it goes the same as my movie taste.

Books: Steven King, chick lit, and Lurlene McDaniel (she writes more for teens, but her books are well written I think...and they always make me cry. The book equivalent to a Lifetime Movie). Right now I'm reading "The Second Assistant"
  • Ooohh, fun!

Movies: Dirty Dancing, Benny and Joon, Serendipity, Center Stage.

TV Shows: Gilmore Girls, Grey's Anatomy, House, Jon and Kate Plus 8, Ace of Cakes, Talk Sex with Sue Johansen, Miami Ink, If Walls Could Talk

Songs: Walking in Memphis - Marc Cohn

Books: I'm a huge self-help book addict. I read them all, whether they pertain to me or not. People are just really fascinating.
  • Quote:
    People are just really fascinating.
    You should be a sociologist!
  • Movies: Titanic (yes Im not afraid to admit it!), any kind of sob story, all the Pirates of the Carribean movies, LOTR, Hot Fuzz

TV Shows: Lost, CSI, lots of crime shows, Black Books, Black Adder, Ab Fab, 'Allo 'Allo, lots of British comedy, House

Songs: "its just a song about ping pong", anything by Linkin Park, Rammstein, Oomph!, Eisbrecker

Books: The wheel of time series, anything by Terry Pratchett, The Time Traveller's Wife, lots more i cant remember >.<
  • Movies: Garden State, Little Miss Sunshine, It Happened One Night, Gone With The Wind, Roman Holiday, Casablanca, The Sound of Music, Moulin Rouge...ummm....probably a lot more I can't think of right now?

TV: The Office, The Gilmore Girls (!!!!), Greys Anatomy, Ugly Betty, 30 Rock, House, Dexter, Weeds, Project Runway...I watch a lot of TV.

Songs: Uhhhh....I can't possibly answer this. I live for music.

Books: I haven't been reading much lately. The last book I really enjoyed was The Secret Life of Bees.
  • Quote: Books: I haven't been reading much lately. The last book I really enjoyed was The Secret Life of Bees.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416212/

They're making it into a movie.
  • I know! I have to admit, I'm a little nervous.