Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 11:36 PM   #16  

Default IT'S ME, IT'S ME...I 'M BACK

HELLO all you wonderful people!!!! I SURE HAVE MISSED YOU ALL.........I HAVE BEEN WITHOUT A COMPUTER FOR ALMOST 2 MONTHS NOW..... AND I JUST NOW SIGNED ON AND THE FIRST THING I DID WAS TO COME HERE........TALK ABOUT WITHDRAWLS HEHEHE

WE HAD A TREE FALL ON THE HOUSE WHICH PULLED OUR ENERGY CABLE LOOSE FROM OUTSIDE THE HOUSE WHICH CAUSED A POWER SURGE THRUOUT SOME APPLIANCES, OUR SURGEPROTECTOR THAT WE HAD FOR THE COMP, PRINTER, ETC LITERALLY MELTED INTO THE CARPET.....WHEW,,,,,AND IT STUNK!!! IT ALSO BLEW OUT OUR FURNACE SO WE HAD NO HEAT AND WOULDNT YA KNOW IT WAS THE COLDEST WEEK OF THE WHOLE WINTER .....HAD TO STAY AT HOTEL, BOARD THE DOG, AND JUST KEEP CALLING AND WAITING FOR REPAIR MEN TO SHOW UP.........WHAT A MESS.....ANYWHOOO.....IM BACK....I SURE MISSED TALKING TO ALL OF YOU....I WILL HAVE TO SPEND SOME TIME THIS WEEK READING BACK POSTS TO CATCH UP WITH EVERYONE.......

JUST HAD TO POP IN HERE REAL QUICK...IM OFF TO BED BUT HAD TO STOP IN TO SAY HI......JUST GOT IT UP AND RUNNING (KIDS WENT THRU WITHDRAWLS ALSO).....WILL HAVE TO FIGHT THEM FOR TIME , I'M SURE......HEHE

TAKE CARE AND ITS GREAT TO BE HERE!!!!!
Old 04-08-2002, 02:43 PM   #17  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

I am glad to hear Dana is okay!

Sue- A cabana Boy???? OHHHH Do TELL!!!!

I am in! I have been doing so well with my workouts, that I should be able to see some kind of change in my body soon! I wish the dieting would get easier....i HAVE TO FIND SOME OF THAT GUM!!! i WILL START BACK O MY CHROMIUM. tHAT REALLY HELPED...

You guys have a great day! Welcome LK! I like your name too.
Old 04-08-2002, 06:13 PM   #18  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Did 3 miles on the Elliptical today. 34 min of sheer all out go!!! what a great sweat!!! No weights today.

Staying OP today. I did eat tacos but that was the only off plan foods so the carb count was not to bad.

eggs with fiber one
tacos
2 hard boiled eggs
huge hunch of steak and spinache

tons of water!!!
Old 04-08-2002, 06:55 PM   #19  

Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! I had a nice weekend! My husband and I went antique shopping, and I must of walked at least 5 miles, it was in an outdoors at a naval shipyard. I also got very sunburnt! Tried to lift some weights but it hurt my arms to much to move them! So I just did the treadmill for 45 at 4.5 mph, I was so beat I thought I was going to fall over. Must of been all the sun!

Hello to everyone new (or at least new to me! )

Did good today, had a hardboiled egg for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and nothing for dinner...yet...still at work for now!

I am going to start working with the medicine ball, I hear they are great for working the stomache muscles. Hopefully my burn won't hurt me to bad tonight! I also got one of the rubber bands so I can do leg exercise at my desk! Anyways getting long winded here! Hope you all are doing well!!!

-LK
Old 04-09-2002, 09:13 AM   #20  
Muscle Mommy

Hello All! I am happy and Optimistic today...!!!

I did 20 minutes on the elliptical last night... a good workout. I love that machine...after the ankles clear up and I lose a few more pounds, I will begin running. I have a goal to run a 5K in September, and I am running Out of time!!!!

How is everyone else doing???
Old 04-09-2002, 12:30 PM   #21  
Trying to find my way.

I am hangin in there especialy today!! I am excited and ready for a great week!!!

so far today i have had
1 shake
eggs and fiber one
cabbage

exercise 20 min wlaking a 3% grade of 2.7 MPH

very hard upperbody workout

LK you did great 4.5??? for 45 min??? WHOOO HOOOO and i was happy with what i did??

hey girl you do need to eat more though. have a few eggs for breakfast. very important to have the protein for your muscles. and to take in enough calories. you do not want to starve your body then it will hold on the all the weight that you eat, whis is what we do not want.
Old 04-09-2002, 12:43 PM   #22  

Good morning all!

I know I need to eat more! I was having severe "girl problems" yesterday, and my appetite was zero! I made myself have a steak and veggies for dinner. I had a light workout last night, I did the bike for 20 mins, but only had my heart rate @128. Then a little weight training. It was hard cause all I wanted to do was take a bath and go to bed!

Today I have been ravenous! It is barely 9:00 a.m. and I have had two eggs and bacon for breakfast, and I can't wait for lunch! So hungry!

I love the elliptical too! The one at my gym has the "cross-training" option on it so it will tell you to work the arms only, then the legs only, the go fast, then go backwards! It is a great workout! I know that you will be able to do your 5K in Sept. Just need to keep focusing on your goal!

I hope that you all have a good day!

-LK
Old 04-09-2002, 10:21 PM   #23  
Trying to find my way.

LK I saw your meals and got worried. I see to many people try to cut out too much food and well as we all know then end up eating much more than theynned to. so I was worried.

I did great till DH needed to make the frosting for the gents cake bake so i had to help him and the only way i can tell if it is right is to taste it ans well i tasted and tasted as i was making a double recipe and well the bol was not big enough for the whole thing so i had to make sure it was ok. but anyeays i had too much frosging but still did great otherwise. i think i maxed out 60 carbs!!! I am feeling much better. and OMG my cabana boy really did me in for my chest. It hurts so good!!! wait till tomorow i will hurt not so good!! I will be taking my creatinine!!!
Old 04-09-2002, 10:47 PM   #24  

Default HELLO AGAIN

Hi everyone!! ....
Sounds like everyone is doing great!!! I have been OP for the past 5 days now,,still working on the exercise but it will come...

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi...keep up the good work!!!!

Oh, does anyone know what happened to Dana (our bus driver???)

Take care
Old 04-10-2002, 12:41 PM   #25  
Muscle Mommy

Hello All!

I waited until after 10:00 to do my upper body workout, and by that time ai was too wore to finish it. I will complete the second half this afternoon and do my 20 minutes on the elliptical as well.

I am on program today. I bought some energy bars to help with my occasional chocolate cravings. I also ordered that gum I told you a few days back...I will let you know if it works.

Ladies have a great day!
Old 04-10-2002, 06:45 PM   #26  

Hello All!

I'm a little late checking in today! Work was crazy today! I hate early morning conference calls with our corporate office for two reasons 1) They are early in the morning! and 2) They always bring in doughnuts. I am like Homer Simpson when it comes to doughnuts! Can't resist the sugary goodness of a doughnut. They are evil I tell ya! So I had a steak and peas for lunch. Did horrbile on water today too, unless it came in the form of coffee, I was not drinking it!

3 miles on the elliptical, well that's just nuts! I would of fallen off about 1.5 miles! Good for you! I like doing one day of week of an "all out I am going to go as fast as I can till I fall over" workout.

Hope you all have a great day!

-Lori
Old 04-11-2002, 05:39 AM   #27  
Work in Progress

Hi,

Need to really check in!

Food wise have been ok until yesterday. When LK's evinl donut got me. Left home w/o eating and was starved!UGH! I had a 1/2 a apple fritter. Then about 20 purple sweet tarts. Other than that was OP

Will restart the workouts MONDay

Way to go everyone else!
Old 04-11-2002, 08:04 AM   #28  
Muscle Mommy

Hello All! Just checking in. I walked over two miles yesterday. I did the first 20 minutes BFL style with intervals the rest, I just walked. My high point during intervals, I jogged for a minute. I jogged really easy because of my ankles, but hey at least I did it.

Stayd Op for most the day, fell off toward the end. Need to get ahold of all these cravings I've got. Anyone know about any good apppetite suppressents?

Yesterday was beautiful! Sunshine and upper 60's. Today it's suppose to be in the mid 70's!!!!!!!!! I love Spring!! Isn't it great!

Hope you guys have a fantastic day!
Old 04-11-2002, 12:47 PM   #29  

Morning all!

Today is much better than yesterday! Resisted the urge for doughnuts (they brought them in again!!) and went and got myself a small fruit salad and some cheese. I just need to keep doing that. Anytime some bad food wants to tempt me with it's evil ways, I need to go get myself a healthy alternative. The only thing that I can't seem to give up is the coffee. I thought that if I stopped putting sugar in it I wouldn't like it anmore, but I like it more! I have cut back to one (big) cup a day.

Didn't work out yesterday. It was my day off! I really wanted to go, but my husband reminded me that it is not good for you to go every day. So we went for a nice walk to the video store and got a movie which I highly recommed it is it is an Italian film called Bread and Tulips (be warned it has subtitles). It was about a womans journey to finding herself!

Melody - I like the twin labs diet fuel. But do not take to recommended dose, they say to take 3 before every meal, but I did and It made me so jacked up. I was like a chuhuahua that drank to much espresso! I take 1 before every meal and tat works fine. It just kind of curbs your appetite, it doesn't get rid of it all together!

Hope everyone had a good day!

-LK
Old 04-11-2002, 10:46 PM   #30  
Trying to find my way.

I ran a bit today I went 1 mile at 5 MPH not bad slower and shorter till I am all better. I love the elliptical!! I am sure that you could do it some time. I have been working on the machine for quitte a whiel almost a yeat so I still want to do the running so i will slowly do more till i can get back to do it. I know not to push too hard or i will end up with an injury.

I will not even talk diet today. so do not even ask!! LOL I did a killer lower body workout yesterday and a great upperbody again today (different muscles) back and tris and gut!!!

LK when you do your workout do what the BFL book recomends

alternate days for your cardio and weights
severel exercises for your upper body one day then the next weight day the lowerbody. and it is very intensive and very hard and you work out and you feel it!!!! any question s melody is doing it I also have done it but am doing a modified version. (as i work with a trainer i need to follow his recommendation when we work togeter)

You will find that you can work out every day with one day off (I do not alwasy take it but you do rest your muscles groups for up to 4 days such as upperbody cardio- lowerbody- cardio so tehre is up to 4 days of rest per muscle group.

well girls must get to bed!!! have a great day!
Closed Thread