Weekly Chat Aug 11-17

You're on Page 2 of 8
Go to
  • I made it through my first day! I would have worked out but a body was found in the hotel next to my apartment complex so all of the roads were blocked off and there was no where to park so the boy and I had to go to starbucks and for 3 hours - by then it was 6 and we had to go to my dads house to pick up my mail and then when we got home it was 8:30 and I have been studying ever since. OY!

It also helps being in school to take my mind off things, but it does mean I am sitting more and the fridge is only steps away. I like studying at home because I can wear my pj's and if I do feel like a snack I have my own food and I know the calories are.
  • I'm pretty sure I'm going through a quarter life crisis. I seem to have put my life on hold until I can lose x amount of pounds and I'm realizing that life is short. My 20s are going to pass me by if I don't get my act together. My friends are going to Atlanta at the end of the week. I said I couldn't go because of the money. Which is bull. I could have saved it up. I just didn't want to be in hot-lanta in jeans and a t-shirt because I don't feel comfortable in shorts. I would burn up. Plus, I'd be the fat friend. *sigh*
  • Taylor - Okay, I'm just really curious - sorry if it's morbid. A body in the hotel next to your apartment complex? What part of Denver do you live in (I live in Boulder and am familiar with the "big city" ).

Caligirl - I'm sorry you're feeling down, but I understand. Being insecure about my body has kept me from doing a lot of things in my life. This is actually the first year I've worn shorts in public since I was a teenager.

I had a good day today, but I'm missing my boyfriend, who is out of town until Saturday. My best friend moved to Iowa a couple of months ago, and though I have "friends," I'm not close with many people here. Without my friend and my boyfriend, I feel kind of isolated. I've been spending way too much time at my computer.

I really can't complain, though - at least I'm on vacation.
  • I was watching the olympics tonight, and during a little feature about Phelps, it was mentioned that he is supposed to take in anywhere from 8 to 10 THOUSAND calories a day. I think I cried a little. I know he swims like 6 hours a day but STILL!
  • I was ready to give up this week, tired, cranky, lack of motivation etc. . . My gym time was 1hr and 45min. In the past I have been an all or nothing girl, but this time I talked myself through it and told myself 1hr is good enough (dont beat yourself up etc . . .) so I went down to 1hr at the gym and . . . . I lost 3 pounds this week now I am under 200lbs sooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!
  • Quote: I was watching the olympics tonight, and during a little feature about Phelps, it was mentioned that he is supposed to take in anywhere from 8 to 10 THOUSAND calories a day. I think I cried a little. I know he swims like 6 hours a day but STILL!

O_O all that guy must do is eat and swim
  • Hey caligirl - I know how you feel. Kinda why I decided I'm not going to kill myself to lose the last eight lbs. Interesting too about wearing shorts. I'm fair skinned and somehow thought that it would be wrong to subject people to my pale legs, so for years hadn't worn shorts or sundresses.
  • Ursus The Burnsley Hotel on capital hill is where the body was found. You can read an article about it on 9news.com. Crazy story!

My second day back has been going well. Just ate a good breakfast and planned out most of my day with the help of dailyplate.com and I still have about 150 calories to play with so I am thinking more fruit and veggies somewhere - probably with lunch and my snack.
  • stuck congrats for getting under 200!! That's awesome!!

silver I am fair skin and freckled so I know how you feel! I can't tan to save my life so I don't wear shorts or dresses so I don't blind people!!!

Ok, how the heck does one person consume 8000-10000 calories a day!! That is just crazy! Somedays I feel that just getting my 1500 in is a struggle (that is a rare occasion! but it has happened once!) I can't image eating that much food!!!!
  • Taylor- Welcome back. I was just thinking of you the other day and wondering where you were. Good job in getting back into the swing of things coming back from a trip.

Cali- I don't want this to sound bad in any way. But I'm listening to you and I know how it is to be the "fat" friend, but honey look what you've done! You've lost a lot of weight. I'm sure you are looking and feeling great for the most part. You are an inspiration to me. You can look at the glass being half empty or half full. You are amazing! And obviously you have great strength to do what you have done. Hold your head up high and strut yourself girl!

Bentley- it's good to hear "y'all" I'm from Louisiana/ Arkansas and I don't hear it too often in CA.

I'm dragging today! I had to pick my friends up from the airport last night and didn't get home til one and got up at 6:15 am. I know how I am when I'm exhausted, I don't care as much. Thankfully I knew it was going to be a tough day so I packed my food for the day and brought it to work yesterday including my breakfast. I'm glad sometimes I'm able to know what I need before I need it. The car gets fixed today and I should have it back tonight. $535 later! Uguhug! wasn't expecting that one! I'm ready to have my mustang back and for air conditioning. 100 degree weather with no AC is hard, but it's a vehicle that my boss is letting use so no complaining!

Now if I could only get rid of the bug a boo that keeps calling me. I don't know how to gently tell someone I'm not interested. He's not taking any hints.
  • Thanks you guys! I’m feeling better today. Mondays are brutal. And I must be PMSing, because I did start to tear up when I realized my car needed an oil change and I won't have time to go in for one until the end of the month. That would explain a lot. LOL!

My sis told me she is going on a cruise next fall (Nov 2009) and said she wanted me to come. I've been meaning to go on a cruise for a while, but I keep putting it off...of course. So that's more than a year away and I only have to drop like 60lbs (in contrast to my sis wanting to drop like 150...but she'd go anyway where as me; I'd put it off for another year until I lose the weight)

My plan is to lose 60 wayyyyyyy before then, so maybe I'll go for 85 by next November. In the meantime, I need to work on my weekend will power. I am so good Mon-Fri, but as soon as Saturday night hits, I want to eat every single thing in the house. It's like I look forward to it all day or something. And if we go out to eat, I try to consume my weight in bread. So yeah, I have a problem.
  • Hey everyone! Anyone mind if I join this thread? You all seem like nice gals and I like chatting just as much as anyone else... Hehe.

I didn't get a lot of sleep last night (early dentist appt), so I really don't feel like working out today... Ugh. But maybe if I tell you all that I'm about to go and work out, I'll force myself to do it!
  • I'm an other one suffering from lack of sleep today! My bf is going through some difficulties at work and wasn't sleeping well at all last night. I was kicked, bumped and so on throughout the night. Then to top it off, when he finally did fall a sleep, he started sleep talking! He kept talking about 2x4's, "the elephant" and how to get it all on the roof. I understand the 2x4's and how to get that on the roof (he designs and installs solar systems) but absolutely no idea where "the elephant" came from. Dreams can be weird sometimes! He finally got up at 3am and went to the office. He told me to go back to sleep, but by then I was awake. I laid in bed but never really got back to sleep, so now I'm dragging my butt!

I'm slowly getting back into the eating swing of things. I'm hoping that over the next week or so I'll slowly be able to bring my calories back down to about the 1400 range. But it's going to take a week or so to get my back in the habbit of weighing and measuring everything I eat!

I'm heading out of town this week for 2 nights so I'm hoping I can make some healthy choices while I'm on the road. I'm hoping to begin the C25k programming next week. I've been out of the gym for so long, I'm a little nervous!

I'm so excited, this staturday my bf and I are going to see Cirque du soel! I bought us tickets for valentines day this year. I've seen thme before but he never has. I absolutely can't wait. Unfortunetly, this show doesn't use masks which sucks b/c I would love a third one to hang on my living room wall. I have two, but three would look really cool.
  • So over the weekend I binged on Edy's French Silk ice cream. It's my absolute favorite. Every weekend I end up binging I buy a carton of it, and then come Monday I throw whatever is left out. So I bought a new carton on Sunday and ate 1/3 of it in 1 sitting. The question is to throw it out and make sure it's not in my kitchen to tempt me or leave it in there for next weekend and try to eat a more reasonable portion. What would you guys do?
  • I once dumped the better part of half a gallon ice cream into the sink and poured water over it. I realized I had a problem when i stuck my finger in and pulled out one last chunk of brownie to gobble. I was like. I can't believe I just did that. And turned the hot water up full blast. That was over 2 years ago.