W.O.W. Labor Day Challenge~Week 6

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Morning all.

Jasonslea, Enjoy your shopping for healthy foods!

Jen-enjoy the kid free time. It'll be fine. Oh by the way, I agree, houseworks sucks.

HT- I still don't like your hubby. I think you have the patience of a saint to put up with his crap. Perhaps, if he can't find things, he should try to put them away where he would like them to go....

Mtiger, I love new sneakers! Who I am I kidding I love new anything!!

OK, shout out to all, gotta get moving today is my last day of work until 8/25, can't wait!!

W 100, have been down on this the last couple, getting around 60, need to step that up.
    E 75 & 75 and a walk at lunch
    E op
    D focus....big picture....smaller butt....
  • WOW!! And I don't mean that in a good way. I was 211.6 yesterday, 212 today. Are you kidding? I just can't get a break. I am hoping that when school starts next week I will be able to lose weight again. This summer I have only lost 6 pounds. WOW!! Well I am going to walk/jog my butt off now. See ya later.
  • Hey Mindy,
    Maybe you should just stick to one weigh in a week...that way you don't get so stressed over a daily change in weight?? I need to exercise and get more water in. Got some schoolwork to do while I work on some cards
  • everyone.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be offline for a couple of weeks. It's gotten to the point where I rather shoot myself in the foot than pay Rent A Center money for a crappy computer that I could be putting towards a nice, new computer of my own. Hopefully this haitus will only last up to 3 weeks. I'm already going through withdrawals! This challenge might be over by the time I come back but I will find the new one and jump back in, I swear! Love yall!
  • I'll miss you Shari. take good care of your self.

Mindy I have to agree with HolyT. I hate to see you bummed out over the normal shifts in weight.

MM~ yay for time off!

HolyT have fun with your cards!

Gosh I cant believe that it is Saturday. Yesterday I went in to talk to our schedule about being over-scheduled for vacation time. Did I tell you they did not cancel my original dates of 8/17 8/18? so I was scheduled for those days plus the 8/20 8/21 also one day in Oct. So I canceled 8/17 and the day in october. So now my vaca starts early Both Monday and Wed the kiddos are going to daycare so I have to leave the house before they wake up. So I will get in atleast a two hour workout both days.

Happy healthy day everyone.
  • I'll miss jlea too! But do HATE Renta-Center - so you know - that you are doing the ab-right thing GF! Cya with a new-faboo PC that you actually OWN!

Switching shifts messed up my world W/Thrs and most of Fri - hats off to anyone who can work split shift/swing shift. Geeez Louise I've been OUT OF IT!

Nothing gets better with age that I have found.

Just. Nothing.

FLY LADY!! Yes, that was it - heading there now b4 the clutter obscures my keyboard!!!

Have a Great WEEDy Saturday All!
  • Miss you already Jlea!!! I agree, I think the idea for the rental centers is fine if they just didn't charge so much. Mom has a few items from there and it really bugs me that she could've purchased almost 3 basic washer/dryer sets from a store for the entire price she paid at RAC for the set she has now. It's her money though...if it were mine there wouldn't be an issue.

So how are you ladies doing??

Here's a link to a gallery of what I've been creating lately. This is what I do when I'm not trying to find something to eat, get energy to work out, or writing papers...or even working.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=45008

Take a look and let me know what you think
  • HT, those are really cool, I esp like the Cowboy key ring post its.

JLea, good for you! In the long run, it'll be better to have your own!
  • Holyt- WOW!! Aren't you just the craftiest little thing. That is really nice stuff. Where do you find the time? I have yet to finish my son's scrapbook I was started working on 2 years ago. That stuff takes some time. Do you sell it or just give away to friends?

Shari- Hope you get yourself a really coool computer. Hurry back!

Jeni- It's almost here.

Aud- i couldn't work that schedule at all. I get all messed up if I even stay up an hour later than usual. Even in the summer, I'm up around 7:00 and asleep by 11:00. Don't mess with my schedule.

Here is my thought on weighing in just once a week. Nope, can't do it. I've tried. I am such a control freak and am so resposible that is drives me crazy not checking in everyday. I feel that if I mess up one day, it will show up the next day. I couldn't bear to wait a week to find out how badly I screwed up. I would rather deal with the small daily disappointments than one huge one at the end of the week.

That being said, today my scale was down to 211.4. I am focused on overall weight loss for the month, and that has been very little. I have watched it just go up and down. That is what gets depressing, not the daily fluctuations.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
  • Thanx ladies! I replaced the key ring from the blue to a silver...it just wasn't the same blue. Sometimes I sell my stuff....i haven't had much time to do a whole lot lately....ok well over the last year I should say. At least i have only 5 more sessions of this and I can get back to normal
  • Morning. Last day to wake up for work for 8 days! HURRAY. So yesterday was a good workday but a CRAPPY after work day. Sorry about my language. but DH slammed on his breaks when a kid and his dog rode out in front of him and the break line on his Jeep blew out. We have the $$ to fix it, but it takes away from our spending $$ from disneyland. I guess I am just lucky I worked that extra day. Mak spent the night with her Nana last night and when we got home, DH forgot to roll up the window of my car. SO someone took the kids portable DVD player But they were to stupid to grab the plug for it and it doesn't work off a battery so I feel vindicated in a way. The ONLY reason I am not more up set about that is the second screen quit working so we needed to get a new one anyway. I have been debating getting one for my plane trip, so now I just have to get one.

But good morning news : I know that it is 2am and I shouldn't weigh myself at two but I saw 150 on the scale today. I hope it holds. I want to be at 149 by thursday. I have two two hour workouts planned plus two one hour workouts planned. As long as I do ok with my food I might make it.

Mindy, I know that I have been losing lately so I get on the scale every day. I hate the daily flucuations, but I do not really count them. best time for me for weight loss is in the two weeks post TOM.

HolyT those are cool. I am so NOT crafty s oI love it when people are.

BTW, do any of you remember that Interview I did for work in May? They interviewed loads of people from all of the plants and made a twenty minute video. Well I made the cut! Everyone in the committee that am on was in it. The line they gave me to memorize and read that was long and made me crack up everytime I said it. Well I made it 5 whole seconds of fame. They haven't technically "released it" to the employees, that date is the 28th for employee appreciation day. I am trying to get a copy.
  • Jen I want your autograph!!!!!!!
  • The key ring is my fave too, mmavis . . . sometimes I think if I had like a crafty hobby, I could emote with it instead of food. But then I try to do a project (usually with either of DD's) and I'm reminded that anything I touch turns to poop andlooks the same! Cute stuff holyT!

Out of sorts from NOT being able w/i at all, mtigie & jcat . . . used to have the daily habit but then started relying on a medical scale atwork about 1-2 times a week -that one bit the dust so have found another medical scale - but its hard to get too and I'm just not motivated.

Think my new all time high reflects that, eh?

"Crappy" is putting it nicely BTW jcat! So glad mega fun is on the way for ya!

Back to school frenzy on the menu today in the aud-Household . . .
  • i really need to work out.....i really need to prepare for food this week. DH is headed out for at least a week on Tuesday....that means i can eat how i want to....healthy LOL. I want to bbq tonight...skewer some veggies and chicken and hopefully have some for the week.

I had a snack of two rice cakes with some better than peanut butter spread over. Yummy stuff....sweet and filling and not heavy at all.
  • Just a quick stop in to report my scale saying 210.4 today. I hope it continues the downward trend and I don't gain it back. I want to be under 210 so bad. PLEASE!!

See ya tom. My first official day back at school.