August already! chat

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • Welcome back V! Hope you had great travels. I'm sure you will be a be-yoo-ti-ful spring bride : )

Janda, hope you are feeling better -- even if school is starting : o

I am covering a class for someone tomorrow so I have to be on campus at 9AM -- I'm already in shock!!!
    anita
  • hi velveteen don't think we've been introduced. i'm ollie. welcome back from your vacation. hope it kicked all kinds of arse. i'm still on staycation myself.

mauvasiroux - we collect b movies as well. we have all of ed wood's movies. familiar with him? bride of the monster and glen or glenda are my favs. the hubs loves him. sounds like you racked up. we recently picked up a b kung fu 'death duel of mantis' and have yet to watch it

guynna - that makes two of us that are in shock. this week is gonna be carazy!

i'm off to peel my arse off the couch and do a workout video. isn't there supposed to be a point when i get excited about this? when is that? anyone?
  • Quote: wha wha wha what?!?!? i probably can't post this pic but here goes
    anyway. ummm...what's not to understand
    (Bah, still can't post images.)

Yes, Trent is very yummy.

Don't ask me why, but I've always been hot for Maynard more than anyone. I really don't get it, because he's not that attractive. But something about that boy makes me tick.
  • I guess sometimes it just that 'vibe' people have. I love deep rough sounding vocals so for me anybody who has that I tend to like. (long hair is a bonus)
  • Quote: (Bah, still can't post images.)

Yes, Trent is very yummy.

Don't ask me why, but I've always been hot for Maynard more than anyone. I really don't get it, because he's not that attractive. But something about that boy makes me tick.
    **** yeah! i've seen tool in concert three times and yes, maynard is the ultimate hottie for me as well. and it has nothing to do with looks. it's an intellectual thang. his lyrics and his message, man. or artistic integrity if you will. and his voice....smooth and creamy. i'll post a pic of him.

• You nailed it, Ollie. It's more than looks - his attitude, his message, and that he's intelligent. If you take his songs at surface level they seem a bit f'ed up, but look deeper and ... yeah...

Thanks for the pic.
  • *points up and drools*

This week is gunna be a long week and I am going to be MIA from Wed the 27th to whenever I manage to make it home. My surgery (tubal ligation) is on friday. I'm trying to get down under 180 by then cause I know the surgery is going to make me gain water weight. The really $hi**y thing is though, I'm totally about to start my TOM. I'm all pms-y and crampy and if I have to change my sx dates again I'll have a freaking tantrum like a two year old. Anyways, I have to fly 800 miles to get to the hospital where the sx will be done. I hate planes and I hate hospitals (as a patient, cause I work in one). Anyway, thats my mini rant-o-the day.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • Ghost - I hope everything goes well with your surgery. Don't worry about the water weight, it'll drop. Just take care of yourself and recover.
  • ghost -good luck with your surgery!

Ollie - totally into Ed Woods and John Waters! We are also into stuff line Re-Animator, Bride of Re-animator and other weird/silly stuff.
  • Just chased down a nurse in womens health and demanded to know if my TOM was going to delay my tubal, she said it shouldn't be a problem, thank GAWD!

I love Ed Wood. And, I love Tim Burton, so when Tim Burton did Ed Wood I about died and went to heaven. That, and he cast JD as EW...nice.
  • ghost - gettin the ole tubes tied, eh? hope everything goes according to plan. crazy you have to fly so far to get it done!!! i'll be thinkin bout ya and send some good tube tyin vibes your way on friday i love time burton's ed wood johnny depp did such a good job. i love that man. word is he might play the riddler in the next batman. word. all of tim burton's stuff rocks. depp's willy wonka kicked all kinds of arse.

so my fellow bad movie lovers and MST3000 nerds. did y'all know the creator has a new project? it's called cinematic titanic and they are doing live shows as well as dvds. and mike nelson, the 2nd dude on MST3000 is doing downloadable versions that you can listen to as you watch various movies. i'm a total nerd

i love the john waters films i have seen, but there are still a lot out there i have yet to see. Pecker was awesome and of course Cry-Baby. i've still gotta see his last two.

this week'll be pretty harrowing for me too. i have like 5 orientations on campus and already my reading list is out the wazoo. need to ease up on my obsession with 3FC and start putting my nose in a book...
  • Take care, ghost! (smooch)

Johnny Depp, Ed Wood, Tim Burton -- woohooo!!! Does this group have taste or what?
    anita
  • If you all like bad flicks, you have to check out Frankenthumb (2002) written by Steve Oedekirk and directed by Dave Bourla...that is some funny $h!t...there are a whole slew of "thumb" movies by them...they rock, even my six year old loves them.
  • Got all the "Thumb" movies (Thumb Wars, Bat Thumb etc.) except for Thumbtanic - they are a hilarious!

If you like funny/silly chopsocky films I recommend "Tonga Ninja" - it's ridiculous!
  • Aaack! My one week off for my bruises turned into two -- I have GOT to work out tomorrow -- though I did walk my dog all except for the first day. Tense issues at work -- aaaack!!!

Definitely will check out the recommended bad movies. Anybody here a fan of _Attack of hte Killer Tomatoes_??

anita