My feet hurt

• I want to go longer on the elliptical but after 20min the bottom of my feet hurt. Not my heel just the fleshy part below my toes. Is this normal when you begin? I have been doing the elliptical for almost 2 weeks.
  • You might try some cushioned, or more cushioned, socks to see if that helps. But, I can't do the elliptical as long as I would like either. After 20-30 minutes my lower back lets me know that I done more than enough of it!
  • Thanks, I will go check out some different socks.
  • I'd consider new shoes maybe too. All of my military friends say New Balance are the way to go for exersize, which I didn't know until after I tried and failed with both Nike and Adidas. Good luck though, hope your feetsies feel better soon.
  • I should give these New Balance a try. My feet hurst too.
  • Make sure you are using proper form on the elliptical. Your feet should be flat, or as flat as you can make them, and you want to be pushing with your heels, not with your toes or the balls of your feet (the fleshy part below the toes). Consciously think about pushing down with the heel of your foot. Since the ball of your foot is hurting, it sounds like you might be pushing with that, rather than with the heel of your foot.

You also want to be standing up straight, not leaning forward, and sucking in your abs.
  • Quote: Make sure you are using proper form on the elliptical. Your feet should be flat, or as flat as you can make them, and you want to be pushing with your heels, not with your toes or the balls of your feet (the fleshy part below the toes). Consciously think about pushing down with the heel of your foot. Since the ball of your foot is hurting, it sounds like you might be pushing with that, rather than with the heel of your foot.
    I have been doing it all wrong yikes!!!!

Thanks for the advice I guess I need to work on my feet.
  • My feet used to hurt until I bought Dr. Scholls shoes, like my mom swears by. They are awesome! I can now walk and my feet and legs and even back no longer hurt!! I can walk longer now than my dh, now he has to sit down, where as it used to be me!!!