Ultimate Goal Challenge--August (Month 10)

You're on Page 5 of 10
Go to
  • Funny story for you all... We had students for the first time today, and I started teaching at the middle school. And of course, it was only 7th graders, and we talked about all of us being new to the school, ha ha, whatever. We talked about middle school anxiety, blah blah. And just like in 7th grade, on the first day of school, wearing WHITE, tom decided to show up unexpected. UGH!!! Seriously??!? Doesn't being almost 30 count for anything?!?!

thanks for all the cooking ideas! I'm in charge of dinner tomorrow, we're having beef kabobs...
  • Quote: GG - it is great knowing where we stand isn't it? I realized (again) about 6 days ago that when I actually count EVERYTHING that I do better... the good - bad and the ugly! and YES - it counts even if it NEVER hits my plate!

I'm gearing up for day 6 of 30 day shred! It like it! Tomorrow is day 1 of incorporating another short workout into the morning... I'm going to do it 4 days a week, when I don't have to be in the office at 7:30! I'm definately NOT a morning person! but when I work at home and weekends I can take a short break between emails and do a video!

Oh I switched my avatar also to represent a "new me". No longer am I the girl digging in the cookie jar - but the one out there for ALL to see! and Glamorous!!! I'm LOVING the amount of self confidence I'm gaining.. although I think that me exerting it is part of what's causing Joe and I's issues.... oh if only I had a shrink!!!

Ok... time to shred and get DD ready for bed.
    OMG Eny: I just love that "avatar" it is sexy. Yea, your increased self confidence may threaten Joe. If he chooses he can step up his "game"
  • Hello to everyone! I missed a day on here and now have to play catch up! lol

TimeToTryAgain, yeah, I remember those days and have been in the same boat!!! UGH!

Eny, I like the new avatar too! (I also liked the cookie one, but I can see why you'd want to move on!) I found a cute blue fairy pic that I may use for an avatar sometime. I don't know why but I have this recent fascination with fairies(faeries?), bought some over the summer to put out in the garden for deco. I'm landscaping and wanted an "enchanted forest" type of theme ... got a long way to go tho, it's no where near a forest, not a single tree out there! lol

trooworld, I like the sounds of your quick recipes. Yum!

Thanks ggmugsy, trooworld and likenoother! I hope I can keep the weight off now, I'm so tired of watching that darn scale yo-yo!

See y'all later!
  • I'm starting the week over today! Yesterday was a BAD program day for me.

BUT, I talked a lot with my mom and my sister yesterday and I have a "get back into the groove" plan.

Crissy - You poor thing!! My kids don't start school again until after Labor Day.
  • Crissy--What is funny about that story is that happened to me in 7th grade. I was living in Germany then and we were on an ice skating trip. TOM doesn't care. I'm always pleading. I've dealt with this mess for 26 years and there is no leeway. What a mess...literally!

gg--As I always say "Acknowledge and move on!". Good for you.

Today is one of those days at work. I have a meeting in 15 minutes and then I have to go review performance appraisals with 6 staff. Lets not talk about my to do list prior to vacation. I feel like I am managing well. I got on my treadmill last night. Felt good.
  • Crissy: how awful! I remember in 8th grade, I had borrowed my best friend's white shorts and we were at McDonald's when her mother whispered to me that I had bled through them. I was mortified. Luckily, my friend's sister had a zip up sweatshirt on that she lent me to wrap around me until we got home. I feel your pain!

I just looked back at my goals for this month and I am doing really well on them except for that I am drinking more than 1 day a week. So, I need to step that up.
  • Crissy - I think we all have stories in which TOM came at the most inopportune time!

I'm feeling really good today. I did Thin Thighs this morning (10 mins) and just finished day 7 of 30DS. I'm LOVING it! I'm definately feeling a TON stronger right now! I'm not nearly as winded after the workout - and I'm able to do it all right along with Jillian. 2 days ago I was skimping on the jump rope section!

DD went to the farmer's market yesterday w/ Nana (my mom) and she called me asking what I wanted her to get. I told her to get whatever she wanted - that she could be the grocery shopper for the day. So my AMAZINGLY HEALTHY 6 year old came home with Corn on the cob, tomatos, green pepper, blue berries, peaches, green beans... all home grown w/ no chemicals! We had tomato sandwhiches for lunch (which is a delicacy in our house! ) I'm going to make another one and take to work tomorrow. I think I need her to do the shopping more often! Oh - and my mom gave me a TON of venison! (which I LOVE - and it's better for you then beef. )

Alright - it'sw time to get my sweaty butt into the shower - and I'm thinking of throwing on a cute little black velvet nighty to entice the boy... I told you all - I'm feeling saucy!
  • Wow, that's a great daughter you have! Sounds like she is a great shopper. Sexy black nightie? You go, girl!
  • Hello ladies!!!

I am, once again, starting over!!! lol!!! I don't know what's wrong with me. I just feel this need to party my brains out before my kids get home. I've GOT to slow down!!!

I LOVE tomato sandwiches. "Harriet the Spy" was one of my favorite books. Harriet got me hooked on tomato sandwiches. Yummy, yum.

I've been using the olive oil mayonnaise. Anybody else? I like it better than the canola mayo.

I also have fallen in love with the Silk Light Vanilla Soy Milk. Only 80 calories per cup and 6.25 grams of protein. It's deee-lish!!

If you could see my daily Points totals you may think I drink nothing but wine, but I do!!! ROFLOL!!!
  • The vanilla soy millk sounds yummy. I wish it weren't so expensive...but then again, right now we aren't eating cereal so all we are using milk for is coffee, I bet it would be good in coffee.
  • Well the black nighty at least got a compliment out of the BF. He's not one to do that often - so it actually meant a lot! Hopefully tonight I'll have more time to spend with him. I need to pull myself away from work longer at night so I can really entice him! hee hee..

Alright - I HAVE to get some work done!!!
  • Since I am lactose intolerant I have to use the soy and it really does taste great in coffee and tea. I don't eat cereal so can't tell you how it tastes there.
    Those are some funny stories about TOM. I hate to admit it but I am glad I am past that point in my life. I don't miss it all all
  • gg--I love that soy milk also. I have been shopping at WF and I love their 365 Organic (their store brand) soy milk also. Oh yeah, as long as you keep starting over and never give up you are good to go!

trooworld & nancylmrn--Silk has creamer too. I buy the hazelnut and french vanilla.

eny--My BF is not too especially into me wearing anything special but you gave me a good idea. I think I may buy a thing or two for when we go to Myrtle Beach. Different environment...might be fun!
  • Silk has creamer??? OMG!!! I must find some!!

It is GREAT on cereal.

Are you ladies familiar with the "lingerie test?"

You ball up the lingerie, hold it tightly in your hands, shoot it into the air, over your head, and slightly forward and watch it fall to the ground. Then, closely examine how it looks on the ground. If you like it, buy it, because if it does it's job, that's where it's going to be in the morning! tee hee.

I spent yesterday cleaning my youngest son's room, trying to discover the source of a "smell." I'm going to clean the carpets today. That kid had 6 different backpacks in his closet. ??? That's approximately 5 years worth of backpacks. I think he may be a pack rat!!
  • gg--LOL about the lingerie test and finding the smell in your son's room. Also I have bought Silk creamer at Whole Foods and Safeway. I don't know if you have Safeways where you are. You can try Giant too (do you have those) but I've never bought it there.