Ultimate Goal Challenge--August (Month 10)

You're on Page 4 of 10
Go to
  • Thanks likenoother. I was beginning to wonder if I had joined in a thread that was geared towards something I wasn't a participant of (if that makes sense). Well, I'm all up for reaching that ultimate goal so here I am!!! Little by little we'll make it!

ggmugsy, I agree with likenoother and Enygirl life is way more than what a scale says and it's good to vent when we need to, to cry when we need to or whatever else we need to do and to know that there is someone willing to lend an ear even if that's all you need. Cyberhugs!
  • gg- hang in there darlin'! We're here for you.

shay- might I just say, as usual, you are such a great leader for this group! I appreciate you much! It's always good to have the beginning pointed out.

So, I have reached a point in this journey where I just have to suck it up and change. I HATE cooking. Period. I hate making dinner, I hate chopping vegetables, I even make a big deal out of making a sandwich! I think it's purely a lazy thing. I hate being in a messy kitchen, I hate cleaning up my own messes... ugh! It's either change or stay fat. Because eating out and eating leftovers just isn't cutting it. I just don't want to! Even when I do pull a lunch together, I still go out to lunch and waste it if there's anyone to go with...

Training wheels off, here I go, goal for the week: I am going to cook 4 dinners AT HOME and EAT THEM this week...

Have a good week!
  • checking in ... did 30 min on treadmill tonight and stayed on plan, don't think I checked in yesterday ... did good then too.
  • I'm sad I have to post a gain for the first itme in a LONG time (over a month!) I'm UP #2.4 from last week. Not sure exactly what's going on yet - but I know that I just have to stay the course.... I do have to say though - my 14s are fitting MUCH better though.. so I know it's not all for nothing. Mybe it's just water and muscle weight that I've gained. I'm sure it'll come back off soon!
  • Let me try this again ... i lost my post!

Enygirl I know how much of a downer that scale can be! Do you measure as well as weigh? I started taking my measurements for that very reason. AND like you already said, your clothes are fitting better! That's wonderful! You're doing great, keep up the good work! Phooey on that scale!

EVERYONE You're not seeing things! I had my screen name changed. I love the cool shades of blue and find it very serene, so I went with Blue Serenity. I decided I needed a more peaceful, calming name. My other name was "inspired" by negative feelings I was using to fuel my weight-loss efforts. I'm done with that now. I'm ready to move on!!!
  • THANKS GUYS!!! I needed a big hug and ya'all gave me one!!

I've decided I have the "law" on my side. He's allowed 6 weeks of visitation during the summer. If he doesn't put the boys on the plane to send them home I'll just drive 400 miles to where they are, grab a friendly policeman, and go get them and bring them home. I'm trying not to think about it. IF something happens and he doesn't send them home, THEN I'll deal with it.

I logged my final weight for the JB challenge. I'm GLAD it's over. My goal this week is to get back into the habit of logging all my points and staying on plan. I am hovering around the same weight, so I'm happy. I was afraid if I took a break from working out I would gain, but I haven't. (Other than TOM and water fluctuations.) I eat less when I don't work out even if I don't think about it. Good grief . . . is that what NORMAL people do???

Blue Serenity - I love the new name!! WELCOME to our group.

Enygirl - It's just TOM or excess salt. Ignore the scale. Just keep on going!! (Easy for me to say, huh??? How many times have you told me the same thing??)

Shay - THANK YOU for leading our group!! You are an inspiration! I'm going to sign up for the Blue Team!! You think they'll have me??

Crissy - I hear you about eating out. It's a killer. You just need a list of super quick, super healthy meals! I buy frozen, pre-cut veggies. GREAT for stir-fry. You can even roast them just like fresh. I make a big batch of brown rice once a week and keep it in the fridge for fast meals. Brown rice, topped with microwaved, frozen veggies and some canned beans, toss some sesame/ginger dressing on top. YUM. If you feel like some protein you can scramble eggs and add it in, or do a chicken breast. Rotisserie chickens are not that much more than buying a whole chicken. Even the canned chicken is good. I also LOVE fast pizzas made on whole wheat tortillas. 4 slices of Canadian bacon from Costco is only 1 point. Contadina pizza sauce is zero points. FAST meal. Come on everybody, what's your favorite super fast meal???

Troo - You're a great cook. What are your super fast "go-to" meals??

My DH is NOT a good painter, but he's painted a bunch of trim and stuff in our house. I'm re-doing it ALL. The little bobbles and stuff just bug me. Also, he used a flat paint on the trim and it's not holding up. It's keeping me busy and it makes me happy to see the finished product.
  • Thanks ggmugsy!
  • Crissy & gg--Thanks, I don't know why ya'll think I'm so great but I'll take it. Note to self: just accept the compliment next time !

Blue Serenity--I love the new name too.

Eny--I think we all have an "off" weigh in from time to time with no explanation for why we are up.

gg--I'm happy that TBL is done too. It is time for a vacay from the scale. Of course the blue team will have you! I didn't request a particular team because Blue/Red doesn't matter to me. I see a lot of the black team chose blue do you think it was because we chatted up a storm? It has really fallen off the last two weeks though.
  • Girls - I think you're right. I just started working out every day again - and I know that I'm already gaining muscle.... I actually did 8 REAL pushups today! I've NEVER been able to do those before! I'm going to keep pushing myself forward. I've been on plan again for 5 days straight w/ food & exercise.... I KNOW it'll make a difference. Maybe tomorrow I'll wake up and be down from today.. who knows.

I did get several compliments today... mostly by my best friend, who just noticed that I have an hour glass figure... imagine I've been hiding behind frumpy clothes all of these years.. and lol and behold the girl saw me in a suit and couldn't say enough nice things!

I am making a point to dress nicer everyday, and make sur ethat I feel good about me! I stay on plan better if I feel better.... now if I could just get enough sleep!
  • What thread am I in? LOL I just can't keep track of where I am on this site! Ok, August goal: stayed on track today with my eating, tho I still want to eat when my belly isn't yet growling for food. I guess that's ok. It's not always convenient to wait, like when everybody else is ready for dinner and I'm not quite there yet. But I'm not eating foods I shouldn't be eating and am watching the portions pretty well, I think. Exercise has been going great, I am so motivated to get this weight off since joining 3FC! Lovin it! Did about 30 min walk outdoors tonight, probably a little longer. The scale was good to me this morning, I'm down 4 lbs. from my start so that feels good (now if I can just go until next monday without looking at the scale again, but I tend to get on it every day and get to see all the fluctuations). Hope this 4 pounds stays off and things keep moving in the right direction from here!

Thanks likenoother.

Hope everyone is doing well! We're 1/3 the way thru August! It will be time to start that September thread before we know it!!!

Catch y'all later!

PS. Hey Enygirl, I just missed your post. Congrats on the compliments!
  • Eny--Congrats on the compliments! I have also put extra effort into looking and feeling better and others have noticed. People can tell when you love yourself. We need to continue with this bx: I'm calling my effort the "Love Me" campaign.

Blue Serenity--Great job on the weight loss!

The scale is officially on vacay. Nicely tucked away until the next TBL Challenge weigh in. I will weigh in early because I am headed to Myrtle Beach on the 8th. I will have my laptop bc they have wifi.
  • THE WATER WEIGHT IS GONE! I'm back at #186.4 this morning... makes me feel MUCH better!

shay - I like the "LOVE ME" idea. I need to do some more of that
  • Hey everybody!! Sounds like you all are doing GREAT!!

I logged my points yesterday. Every single one!! Eating at my sister's is a killer. She almost always serves beef. Beef = BIG POINTS. At least I know HONESTLY where I'm at.

Enygirl - Congrats on the compliments AND the weight loss!!

Shay - Myrtle Beach sounds lovely! I would love to go there someday. I bet you can hardly wait.

Blue - Whoo-hoo!! 4 pounds is a GREAT start!!

I'm caulking and painting today. Again . . .
  • Quote: Troo - You're a great cook. What are your super fast "go-to" meals??
    Lately, it has been sauteeing (spelling?) some shrimp (fast to defrost) in a little butter and olive oil (having dusted the shrimp with garlic powder and lemon juice) then adding that to a salad made of greens of some kind (we buy bagged spinach that is all ready to go, that is fast), avocado, grape tomatoes and homemade lemon/olive oil dressing (lemon juice with a little olive oil combined in a cup and shaken). I also like pita pizzas (425F, pizza sauce, lf cheese, veggies or turkey pepperoni...bake for 12-14 mins), I like to go over to the grocery store and buy pre-packaged salads (includes chicken or beef). Like you said, stir frys are great using frozen veggies. Beans and brown rice (we use vegetarian bbq beans + some lowfat turkey/chicken hot dogs). We actually need to come up with some more options, especially now that we are on SBD...we can't do a lot of the things I just mentioned. I think we need to start browning up some ground turkey on the weekends to have ready to go. Oh, another thing that is fast and delicious is a Mexican Salad: brown some ground turkey with taco seasoning, heat up some vegetarian nonfat refried beans, put that over some romaine lettuce, add some grape/cherry tomatoes and put 2 Tbls of vinaigrette over each serving, and add some salsa too. Good and delicious.

Blue Serenity: I like your new name!

I was on the black team this challenge and I joined the blue team because a lot of my other teamies were doing it...plus you guys seem like a great team (no offense, reddies, I'm sure you are great too!). I wouldn't be upset if I got put on the red team though.
  • GG - it is great knowing where we stand isn't it? I realized (again) about 6 days ago that when I actually count EVERYTHING that I do better... the good - bad and the ugly! and YES - it counts even if it NEVER hits my plate!

I'm gearing up for day 6 of 30 day shred! It like it! Tomorrow is day 1 of incorporating another short workout into the morning... I'm going to do it 4 days a week, when I don't have to be in the office at 7:30! I'm definately NOT a morning person! but when I work at home and weekends I can take a short break between emails and do a video!

Oh I switched my avatar also to represent a "new me". No longer am I the girl digging in the cookie jar - but the one out there for ALL to see! and Glamorous!!! I'm LOVING the amount of self confidence I'm gaining.. although I think that me exerting it is part of what's causing Joe and I's issues.... oh if only I had a shrink!!!

Ok... time to shred and get DD ready for bed.