Exercise Bike?? Bigger Legs??

• I bought a exercise bike and started using it about 3 weeks ago and ride about 10 miles each time I get on it. Dang it! Trying to burn the fat off around my legs and it seems as though my jeans are getting tighter. I am watching what I eat but not really dieting perse. What is going on? Should I keep this up? I do get a good cardio workout with the bike. Was tired of spending so long on the treadmill and seeing NO results. Could walk to CA and back to Mo. and there wouldn't be any changes in the legs or weight loss or even inches lost. LOL

Is my legs going to get bigger? I do use a medium resistance with the bike and I am on there around 40 mins. for 10 miles.

PLEASE ANY TIPS OR ADVICE!!! Keep me motivated and on the right track! LOL

Tammy
  • I have always thought the best workout for the legs is brisk walking, jogging, and running. I had a size 8 pair of jeans that I never thought I would get over my thighs. I started out as a size 14. Now they are loose on me after four months of brisk walking or jogging for an hour with sprinting thrown in. I also do WW. I have never been able to burn calories biking like I have walking.
  • Hi Tammy,

I am no expert and I don't have much experience with the exercise bike but I just wanted to say that I actually lost volume in my thighs due to running. Well, not sure if it was just the running or my weight loss in general but I am losing volume in my legs for sure. I am doing an hour on the treadmill every other day (started with brisk walking, now I am running for about 45 minutes) - I can just tell by my jeans. However, it did not happen right away, it took me quite a number of months to get losing in the thighs. So maybe if you are pear shaped, your thighs will be the last area where you will lose? Unfortunately, you cannot spot-lose.