volumetric food

• I know what volumetric is but I'd like to know a few volumetric food ? Does salad count as a volumetric food ?
  • I have the volumetric book, very good book. I guess salads are OK, as its increased volume but low calorie density. Heavy soups (with plenty of low calorie veg) are also a good recipe
  • Brothy soups with lots of vegetables . . . salads with as little dressing as possible . . . almost all low carb vegetables.

Any food with an ED of less than 1.5 per serving . . . preferably less than 1.0 if you can manage it. That is what I use when looking at pre-packaged food; like frozen dinners.

To calculate the ED simply divide calories by gram-weight. For example a frozen dinner containing 240 calories and weighing in at 225 grams has an Energy Density of 1.07 and is therefore very Volumetrically friendly. As another example take a look at some of those 100 calorie packs -- 100 calories for 19 grams of tidbits gives an ED of 5.26 -- obviuously not volumetrically good.

All this is pretty well explained in the book -- have you had a chance to read it?