Embarrassing problem...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So I up'ed my cardio workout this week...and since I did that, I've been having problem with gas... (hope you understand what I mean..)

Anyone has same kind of problem?
  • I have not had that problem, but exercising more starts to move your digestion system so it could be that. It also could be your diet. Did you start to eat something that you hadn't before?
  • Nope. nothing new... pretty much the same diet...
  • Hmmm, are you stressed?
  • Not really... Other than the fact I'm gassy... :P
  • Quote:
    exercising more starts to move your digestion system so it could be that
    I agree with this.
  • A quick check on google showed:

Quote:
    Physical exercise accelerates digestion; it stimulates your system and assists the peristaltic action of the intestines
    You're waking everything up You've switched up your routine a little, and your body is reacting to the change. Nothing to worry about
  • This happened to me all the time. I was thankful that I walked at home because when I was at the gym I was always worried. Lol. But my body eventually got used to the activity and relaxed it's gassiness.
  • I'm gassy whenever I work out -it has never gone away- I just hope that nobody around me figures it out
  • Thank you for all your answers! And I'm with ya about hoping nobody around me figuring it out, amanda.
  • I am just a gassy girl. Since adding new veggies, more fruit and "waking up my system" I am always the life of the party....sometimes I even scare my cat if she is snuggled next to me.

Ah, the joys of being human.
  • Quote: I am just a gassy girl. Since adding new veggies, more fruit and "waking up my system" I am always the life of the party....sometimes I even scare my cat if she is snuggled next to me.

Ah, the joys of being human.

Ahahaha, I laughed so hard at the cat part...mainly because I can relate. My boyfriend always makes fun of me for it...thank goodness my problem only really strikes when I'm at home. It's embarassing, but what can you do? It's nature. It also seems that there's something about being in a grocery store that makes me have to pee...but that's another story, lol.
  • Hah!
    Yeah, those are called "running farts." Anytime you kick up your cardio, regardless of the exercise, it seems like the movement and especially the increased breathing seems to cause gas and a lot more frequent bowel movements.

It happens the most with running, so remember it the next time you're having problems going number two. Drink a bottle of water and jog for ten to twenty minutes. In place, on the treadmill, or outside works.
  • Quote: exercising more starts to move your digestion system so it could be that
    yup i agree with this. Thats why your dog wont poop before you go on a walk, but it will half way through damn dog
  • hahahaha 'running farts!' so funny..but TRUE! I walk a lot and have started "trying" to jog during my walks..or just speed walk..and I do find I get gassy! I have to try the water bottle and jogging on the spot thingy..lately I've only been 'using' the washroom about 2-3 times a week! I am feeling bloated but eating TONS of fruit/veggies and oatmeal, high granola fibre bars so have no idea whats going on...and I drink at least ten glasses of water a day! Someone said to me..well less going in would mean less going out..lol..I guess so true..and my bf thinks that because I'm not eating a lot of garbage my body is 'using' all the healthy stuff....I just think i'm blocked up or something..lol