Waited to long to eat and nauseous

• Blew it today with my eating schedule. The strange thing is instead of being raveneous I was nauseous. I ate breakfast late around 10:45 and then got busy and didn't get to lunch until 2:30. I grabbed some almonds as i was making lunch- still nauseous. Ate 1/3 protein bar- still nauseous. Maybe carbs would help- 1/3 of a fiber 1 bar- still nauseous. Then I ate my lunch chicken with ricotta and spinach. It took til I digested it to get rid of the nauseau. Very strange. I wonder if I should have just had a glass of milk- maybe i would have digested this faster? Anyway the moral is pay attention and eat- there is no reason why I couldn't have at least grabbed a snack earlier.
  • Oh, I hear ya! Although I get migraines if I don't eat at regular intervals. Some carbs might do the trick as a first line defense if you find you're running late on food. It happens sometimes! I have three kids and often make myself a separate meal these days. If I don't eat a small snack before I start cooking their lunch I'm ravenous and/or migraine-a-fied by the time my food is ready.

Let's hope you don't get that yucky feeling back again any time soon!
  • Sounds like your blood sugar dropped too low. A glass of milk helps me, as does a bit of peanut butter.
  • Thanks!
  • I usually have some french vanilla yogurt w/some cinnamon for breakfast, if i forget a meal, its lunch...i know weird. But i am not a morning person and as i'm packing my lunch, i always pack some more yogurt and some fruit or something and forget my actual lunch and dont remember i didnt pack until i get to work. But if i do that, i have an extra cup of coffee before i leave work so that i am not so hungry when i get home. I know that if i dont i will eat whatever i can find. Sometimes it helps us not having a microwave, because there is never anything just simple to make and everything has to be cooked. I also have a bag of rice cakes in my desk drawer for those emergencies when i do skip a meal.