Lites replacement help (no Lunas here...)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hello again,
    I went to get my Luna bars today and ... couldn't find them anywhere (I am in Canada). Not in Shoppers, Zellers, not even at Wallmart

So, instead I bought 6 various available protein bars that were about 200 calories and at least 15 g protein, and decided to investigate which of them would be suitable.

Could you please tell me what should a Lite replacement bar have?
    calories
    protein
    fat
    carbs
    fiber

What else to look for on the nutrition label?

I appreciate any answer - other than go to ****

THANK YOU!!!
  • I wonder if the slim fast snack bars would count as a lite? I've heard of people using those instead.
  • My parents use DETOUR bars- half a bar=1 lite. They get them at Cosco- my Dad is down 65lbs since Jan so it is obviously working
  • Quote: Could you please tell me what should a Lite replacement bar have?
    calories 140-190
    protein 8-10
    fat 4-4.5
    carbs 20-25
    fiber 3-6
    This is looking at my Lunas, LA lites, and the Nutrisystem bars I have in the house.

Good luck!
  • Thank you, I'll post the name of the closest one, for other Canadians in need.
  • I have found some at shoppers drug mart the ones that are for sports (life brand) that are comparable.
  • I am on my way to shoppers as I type. I will check them out!

There is also this brand Jamieson and they have the Slim DOWN bars that are quite similar to Lites/Luna. A bit more protein, a bit less carbs, that can't be bad, eh?
  • Jamieson Slim Down bars
    Slim DownŽ Almond Coconut High Protein Triple Layer Bars

Total Calories: 170
    Total Fat: 5 g
    Protein: 15 g
    Cholesterol: 5 mg
    Sodium: 70 mg
    Total Carbohydrates: 20 mg
    Dietary Fibre: 1 g
    Sugars: 0.5 g
    Calcium: 4%
    Iron: 7%

I got a box of it. I think this will do instead of Lites. What do you think?
  • Hi Apple - I'm from Canada and I had to go to our Nature's Fare to get a Luna bar - couldn't find them anywhere else.

Good luck!
  • Nature's Fare - I have to see if we have it here, in T.O, thanks for the tip!!!
  • apple, I have bought Luna's online from amazon. They often have deals better than you can get them in the stores and free shipping, but not always. I often use Zone bars also, as they are fairly close in calories/protein. The dark chocolate ones are especially good.
  • Oh, I saw Zone! I'll try the ones you Ladies recommended once I am done with Jamieson bars.
  • I live in Canada too. I can only find them at Real Canadian Superstore. I'd try Loblaws or Dominion if I was in TO. In Dominion they may be in the organic aisle...
  • If you use LUNA's rather than LA Lite's. do you still do two a day?

Thanks for your help!
    Mary
  • Mary, Yes the luna bars are a direct substitute for the LA bars. So you eat two a day.