Joining you :)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi there!! I'm glad I found this site!! Seems like most everyone is very nice and helpful. A quick intro and a little about myself

I am 25 and a stay at home mom of 2 little ones (girl 3, boy 2) I'm not new to dieting by any means. Before having kids I did Atkins and lost about 20 lbs until we started trying to get pregnant. After having kids I counted calories and worked out like crazy to lose 30 lbs and then just couldnt lose anymore. My body kinda went crazy and I couldnt get enough sleep, my hair was falling out, and I was miserable. Thats when I was diagnosed with postpartum hypothyroidism.

So now I am doing South Beach since I have read that that is good for people who have thyroid problems. For the first time since losing that initial 30 lbs I am finally losing again YAY. I'd love to lose another 20-30lbs. Oh and I am still working out 5-6 days a week.

Glad to be here
  • Welcome! You will love it here, this group has been such a huge part of my sucess on the beach! It is a great place for questions, support and a good swift kick in the pants when you need it!
  • Hi Yelie and welcome! Glad to have you join us.

This place is great and the people are wonderful. Stick around as you will find all sorts of info and support.

Good luck
  • Welcome to the forum! I cannot emphasize how supportive everyone around here is. If you have any questions, we're more than willing to help out. So glad you've found us!!!
  • welcome!
  • Welcome, this is a great forum!!
  • Welcome!
  • Hi there!
    I also have hypothyroidism, and find it incredibly hard to lose weight on Weight Watchers (I was stalled for months at the same weight). I am on week 3 of South Beach and am finally losing weight again (down 9lbs). What's more, I am actually finding the diet relatively easy: I'm not hungry; I like the food choices; and I can see myself being able to do this plan forever .

It sounds like you're off to a great start (and finding this site helps). Good luck.
  • WELCOME! May I invite you into our daily threads?!!! Of course, this is the weekend, so Please join us in our weekend chat! Thats where we get to know one another and be able to vent, encourage one another, grow and learn! come join us won't you?
  • HI , I am new also, good luck and congrats for the weight coming off, good feeling eh?
  • to The Beach, Yelie, Evelyn, and Lulu! We're happy to have you joining us, and please feel free to join in our daily chats. We also have a current Phase 1 thread going, where you can share your questions and trials and tribulations with others making their way through Phase 1.
    We look forward to getting to know you!
  • Welcome! You will love the results on phase I, especially if you have been dieting for years and can't seem to get those last 20 pounds off. I just finished phase I and I am down to 143 (started at 151). In the past, it would've taken me a year to lose that much weight. I am amazed! It is hard on phase I but you can do this.
  • Quote: Welcome! You will love the results on phase I, especially if you have been dieting for years and can't seem to get those last 20 pounds off. I just finished phase I and I am down to 143 (started at 151). In the past, it would've taken me a year to lose that much weight. I am amazed! It is hard on phase I but you can do this.
    Best of luck on Phase2, you are doing great !!