Seem to Be Stuck + A Question About Wii Fit!

• Hi All,

I haven't posted in a while, well, because nothing has been happening weight-wise... and I guess I've become a bit lazy until recently. I'm just stuck and I don't know what to do! My weight has plateaued and I'm starting over again I guess.

I have a question about the Wii Fit. The scale on it in specific. How trustworthy is it? I found it to be 4 -5 lbs lighter in general than my home scale and even more off than that from my dietitian's industrial scale. Which should I trust?

MrsLovett
  • The surface makes a difference. So even if they were perfectly calibrated, if you're using your scale in the bathroom on a tile floor, and the Wii in the living room on a carpet, they won't match. Also, are you dressed the same for both, including shoes, and at the same time of day? Makes a big difference. Two glasses of water weigh about a pound.
  • mine weighs the same as the weight watchers scales, but both are on a hard floor surface
  • is the wii fit worth the purchase of a wii....
    its the only reason i would buy one and the only thing id do with it....
    so is it worth the £180 off the wii and the £60 odd on top for wii fit?....
  • My Wii scales are the same as my ordinary ones, I always weigh in the same place.
  • Kate1970! Great loss! You are such a loser!

MrsLovett, I'd ignore the Wii scale and just go by the bathroom scale. Remember, it's the difference over time that's important, not the "exact" weight.

Good luck with getting back on track!

Jay
  • sh3l5 in my opinion yes. and you might find yourself enjoying more than just the wii fit.