I Was So Embarrassed, I Almost Cried..

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • I had a friend who had size 13 shoes. She could only buy her shoes at Payless. I had size 11 shoes for years until I lost weight and now I'm a 9-9.5. I was so happy once I got to size 10 because that meant that I could wear shoes in a regular store. I still have wide feet so it is still difficult to buy shoes but it is good.

Did the guy even check to see if he had 10s? I like buying shoes from Sports Authority because I can see what they have without having to ask.
  • I wear a size 9.5 or 10. I used to think that I had big feet. Then My daughter turned out to have size 11.5. The thing is, most of her friends wear 9-11. With the advancements in nutrition, people are taller and their feet are bigger. Some stores, especially department stores and evidentlly some idiotic shoe salesmen just haven't paid attention!
  • From the looks of shoe size here, maybe we should start a...

3 BIG FOOT CHICKS

site.....

kidding...I'm kidding...
  • OK... I am totally laughing out loud. Thank you Gary... Not a bad idea, omgh I can't stop laughing... Can I moderate ?
  • love the new avatar SWEET-C!
  • My mom and sis are 9 1/2- 10s and my gram is a 13!... They have never had a problem finding anything..

I on the other hand have SQUARE feet lol.. 5 1/2 and WIDE.. I had a hard time finding anything in girls.. expecially boots and dress shoes so I feel for yah I always get guy running shoes though. I guess if you have a small size they assume you have skinny feet. They are pretty bony too.. so they arent fat.. just wide
  • I have little feet because I am a shorty, but they are triple wide! I forget how wide. I went into a family owned shoe store and was very happy with the shoes I got and the service. They even had to widen a pair for me.
    I have got so overlooked at some of the nicer department stores when I went in for shoes before. I was really happy (and shocked) with the service I received at the family owned store that we went to.
  • I'm between a size 9 - 10. It all depends on the shoe. There have been times when an 11 will fit better. Go figure!
  • i would also complain to manager of shop if everyone complained about the attitude of these cretins then something might be done about them
    i take a size 6 (english)
  • I'd contact the store headquarters and file a formal complaint. That was extremely rude and should not be tolerated. You did NOT deserve that.
  • I have worn a 9 for years. Now it's between an 8 and 9, but I also thought that 10's were a popular size.

That salesman was really rude. Other than reporting him, don't give him a second thought. He was probably having a rough day and looking for someone to take it out on.

Cheer up.
  • My depends on the shoe, so I have to always try on the shoes. I have very wide feet and a high instep. Mine usually range from an 8 - 9.5.

My DH wears a size 18 EEE and I get his shoes from footlocker online, they have the best selection, I think.

I agree, I would complain, that is ridiculous!
  • I wear a size 11. Most of the time I buy men's shoes just because they fit more comfortably. Now I have been accused of being a sharp tongued shrew when the moment calls for it, and I think I would left that salesman with a remark that would leave his ears and manhood burning for weeks. Then I would call the manager. You shouldn't have to put up with that kind of treatment.
  • I guess he would have recommended some 2' X 4's for me, because I wear a 12. But people always tell me I wouldn't look right with little feet because I'm so tall! And I would LOVE to wear a size ten shoe. Or jeans for that matter.

And to the person who has a friend who wears a 13, I feel her pain. I used to wear a 13 and could only shop at Payless also. More and more shoemakers are realizing though, that there are people who have plus size feet. And Men's New Balance are the best! I'd love to have some black ones with pink trim though.

To the OP, what store was this?

and ya'll can sign me up for the "3 big foot chicks" site...
  • I wear a size 12, how about them apples?