Starting off right

• Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. While my counter says my goal is in the 170's, to get to an ideal weight I need to drop over 100lbs. I was just scared of actually writing down "150" or less. A mental block, I think. I'll get over it!

Anyway, I found this forum two days ago after deciding it was time to take action and lose the weight in a safe and gentle manner. I've lost weight yo-yo dieting before and it only shoots back up, but this time I've been calorie counting, carb counting and finding healthier alternatives to some of my favourite foods (or eating less of them - I'm amazed at how big my portions were before I started paying attention!) I've been exercising fairly consistently for a while now, but it's done nothing because my intake has been too much. So this week has been less intake, same amount of exercise.

Today I stepped on the scale and am happy to report a 2.4lb weight loss over four days!! I'm SO thrilled! This is my first amount lost and while I know I may not lose that much in such a short period again, it's a great start. I'm feeling motivated and determined to stick to my plan. I look forward to participating in this forum and working with all of you towards our 100+ weight loss goals

Take care,
    Amanda
  • Hi Amanda - and welcome to 3FC! This is a wonderful board for support.

Good luck and I look forward to reading more of your posts!
  • Amanda,

I also have over a 100lbs to lose. I have only been here a very short time (like a week). Looking forward to seeing you soon.
    Lisa
  • Welcome Amanda! When I started I put a higher goal down as well, I just couldn't think about really losing more weight.

Now my counter has my "real" goal.

You've made a great start, and this is a great place for support!
  • Welcome! I started with 100 to lose. I try not to look at my ultimate goal as well because it can seem overwhelming but with support from here, we can do it! I look forward to getting to know you!
  • Glad you found 3fatchicks! This is a wonderful website - with alot of support, ideas and friendship.

I totally understand how is seems overwhelming to think about the big number in terms of ultimate goals. I've paraphrased something someone here has already said - I don't think I can lose 100 pounds...but, just maybe I can lose five pounds twenty times.

Congrats on your weight loss.

• Good luck!
  • 5 pounds 20 times, I love that. A trick to make it easier, I'll take anything I can get
  • I never thought of looking at it like that. Losing 5lbs 20 times seems much more do-able than 100lbs. I'm almost at my first 5lbs now and it feels like a huge accomplishment!

Thanks for the welcome, chicks. It's great to be here