Just in a car wreck!!!

• So I was leaving work and heading to the gym and taking my usual drive through traffic on I-35...but today it was raining. I was like two exits from the gym and hear a screaching sound and look in my review mirror only to see a car behind me spinning on the interstate and then spinning into my car! It was nuts! So I am fine...my car is not So after talking to the police and everything I got in my car and headed to the gym. When I got to the gym I sat in the parking lot and talked to my husband and I could tell I was shaken up...and then I had a choice....I really wanted to get some comfort food...a nice burger and fries and soda and go home and eat and cry and then lay on my couch...but then a voice said go take all this adrenaline and go work out...so the voices battled for a while and I am so HAPPY to say the good voice one! I worked my butt off (will not really ) and I feel so much better!!! I am so proud!
  • Wow! Good for you! I can't even imagine bothering to go to the gym after being in a car accident. You are definitely committed to the cause!

And btw, glad you weren't hurt!
  • I'm glad you are okay -- sorry your car is not

I bet your work out took a bit of your anxiety away...
  • SOOO sorry about the accident. Those can really shake you up.
    Awesome that you made the great choice that you did.
    I had a fight with a brownie today... I won.
  • You are a SUPERSTAR! Way to put that anxiety to good use.

Sorry to hear about the wreck, though. They are scary. I was in a car wreck a few years back - wasn't hurt, but it took about a year to recover mentally.
  • Good for you!
  • Wow ....sorry about the accident! I'm glad you are okay....cars can be replaced....people can't!! I'm glad you were able to go to the gym and get a workout in too...you go girl! I probably would have just went home and laid on the couch....your a tough cookie!

• Glad you are OK and proud of you for your choice to get the "work" done...that will pay off big time in the future!
  • Good for you...too bad about the accident, but at least you're ok.
  • Thanks everyone for the support!! You guys are great!! I was just thinking a bit ago...if I can go to the gym after a wreck...I never have an excuse not to go!
  • Quote: Thanks everyone for the support!! You guys are great!! I was just thinking a bit ago...if I can go to the gym after a wreck...I never have an excuse not to go!

No excuse indeed. WTG KellyLou!
  • Good for you! You really channeled that adrenaline.
  • Hats off to you!
    Sorry to hear about the accident, but I am glad you are ok.

@ Taurie - cute avatar!