Starting Atkins Again

• Hi Everyone,

Starting over again, this time heavier than ever. I am a yo-yo dieter from way back and over the years Atkins has been the only diet where I have consistently lost weight. My best friend and I have been on many diets over the years - she has always been able to eat carbs and lose a minimum of 2lbs per week where if I eat carbs I am lucky to lose 1/2lb per week. I find Atkins easy to follow but for some unknown reason when I blow it I just cram myself with carbs. Also, I quit smoking on February 4th of this year and have managed to pack on nearly 30lbs since then. So here I am once again struggling to find the answer on how to change my eating lifestyle forever. The only difference is this time I have made a promise to myself that I am going to do it.

• Congrats on quiting smoking!! That's a big accomplishment in itself. I have been guilty on yo-yo dieting too. Its very difficult to stick to it. I am not back and vowed to stick to it b/c I'm getting married next summer. I too share the same concerns.

• You can do it! I know it is so hard, but we are in this together! I am brand new to Atkins and am at the beginning of my second week of induction. I have promised myself that I am going to do it this time, too! I look forward to seeing you around!
  • ! You can do this!

If you want to reward yourself for something, instead of turning to food, get yourself a facial, a pedicure, or a million other things that are -good- for you.

If you have cravings (not real hunger, just cravings), try drinking some water and doing something positive instead of eating. Go for a short walk, do a few squats or lunges, play a game with your kids, take a hot bath or whatever floats your boat.

Good luck!